cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net broadband speed issues

N/A

Dear customer Officer,

Please investigate the speed of my plusnet broadband on very urgent basis. Even dial up connections provide 256 kbps & I'm getting 96 kbps. There is something seriously wrong and I'm not a software wizard. I have tried whatever has been advised, but in vain. It is entirely the responsibility of the broadband provider to ensure that costomers get a descent speed.

Your company doesn't have the sales line & relies entirely on satisfied customers to refer their friends. I have also been recommended by my brother. Here your reputation is at stake. To justify your reputation you need to send your engineer asap and resolve the problem. If you cannot do this , take moral responsibilty for technical failure and cancel my connection paying back all the charges made so far.

I'm sending a copy of this mail to consumer forum and intent to propogate this mail in all ADSL forums if my problem is not solved. Just imagine how much damage it causes to your reputation. If the problem still is not resolved, I'll be planning to sue your company in the consumer court for all the mental trauma you have been causing.

Hope better sense prevails.

Regards

Dr Arun Manikanti
10 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

This is the kind of attitude that gets nowhere, just ranting & making threats is beyond reason as you seem to have no idea as to whether its your PC , BT or Plusnet causing your problem.

I ts not up to the broadband provider to fix a possible faulty set up at your premises & if your initial contact with CS was as angry as your post then I am surprised you got an answer
N/A

Christ

I have a daughter in a wheelchair who cannot walk, talk or eat, in fact she is totally reliant on us.

For god sake get a life and stop whinging about petty issues.

D

Thats my rant over
shellsong
Grafter

I've already tried responding to this OP with an identical post under a different topic

PLEASE STOP MULTIPLE POSTING SIR!
N/A

96kbps broadband

Dear Sir,

It is not my intention to make threats & make issue out of nothing. I am into plusnet broadband for over 2 months. I have contacted customer care several times and did exactly as I was told to no effect. Maximum speed I got so far on my 8 Mbps broadband is 350 kbps, which is now down to 96 kbps.

Inspite of several requests to customer care, nothing really is happening. I was told I can canel my subscription by paying cancellation charges of £ 80. I wouldn't wish to canel if I get a descent speed. It's not my fault. Why should I pay £80 for no fault of mine?

I apologise if my earlier mail to CS sounded a bit rude. But I had run out of my patience.

Can anyone please help with this issue? This is my first posting. I would in future refrain from repeat posting. thanks

Regards

Arun
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

OK, but to be of any help the people lurking on the forum are going to need to know a little bit more about your problem.

I'd suggest, for a starter, your line stats. If you don't know how to get these, post details of your ADSL modem / router - make & model - and someone is likely to know it, and be able to tell you how to get the stats.

Also, what have you tried / tested so far, so as not to go over old ground.

Regards, Neil
vic_newey
Grafter

Just as we are all poised to help Arun this thread has suddenly dried up with no response from him ?
N/A

It's only just gone 24 hours, so there's time yet.

Last time I visited someone with a problem like this I removed the dodgy extension cable from his router and placed it directly into the socket with replacement decent microfilters. His speed went from a couple of hundred kbps to 2mbps.

Also, make sure to keep mains cables away from the telephone cable.
boone70
Grafter

I have been through all the hoops and found that I still had wildly fluctuating speeds and frequent random disconections. I have done nothing to change things for about three weeks but now find that I have a pretty constant 3mb connection with only the odd disconnection. I think if we all just wait long enough things might sort themselves out
Hopefully
E L
N/A

Thank you all

Thank you all for giving support and help.Without dooing anything my connection speed improved from 244kpbs to 2.8 mbps for the first time since I joined(2 MONTHS). At last my problem is solved. I am really impressed with the community support.
James
Grafter

Power to the portal forum peeps Smiley