cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net are a rip off

N/A

Plus net are a rip off

-Plus net have set up a service on the phone line that means their MAC codes are incompatibe with most ISP's. This means that they have made it very difficult to move away from them without considerable downtime.
-The have decided to sell much more bandwidth than they have so everyone has slowed down and they introduced data management levels. This is a way of charging you for full bandwidth and then blocking or throttling the ports right down so that you cannot use it. What a rip off!
-If you decide to move away from plusnet, make sure they send you an email to confirm it, otherwise they will just keep charging your account until you say something. You will never get the money back
10 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Plus net are a rip off

-Plus net have set up a service on the phone line that means their MAC codes are incompatibe with most ISP's. This means that they have made it very difficult to move away from them without considerable downtime.

Are you referring to LLU MAC Keys or something different? BT have just started issueing "special" MAC Codes which a number of ISPs are claiming not to recognise. That is an issue within the other ISPs and nothing we have control over.

-If you decide to move away from plusnet, make sure they send you an email to confirm it, otherwise they will just keep charging your account until you say something. You will never get the money back

Not true. If you make a cancellation request, we will reply to your ticket, which will also send you an email. The reason why we wouldn't action a cancellation request would be if there were outstanding fees on the account.
N/A

Plus net are a rip off

Not true. If you make a cancellation request, we will reply to your ticket, which will also send you an email. The reason why we wouldn't action a cancellation request would be if there were outstanding fees on the account.

Right... Of course, we might be waiting a while for a reply :lol:

Guess I'll be finding out soon enough just how smooth Plusnet are when it comes to issuing Mac codes.
N/A

Plus net are a rip off

It has taken Legend internet 23 days to issue a MAC code for a client of ours and they say it will take 10/14 days to transfer there domain out, now been waiting 5 days for this to happen. Legend internet are one of the worst ISP's I have come across, at least the switch to PN gave the customer MAXDSL.

Legend Internet - more like Leg End
aeroalfie
Grafter

Plus net are a rip off

Your poor customer - out of the frying pan and into the fire!
N/A

Plus net are a rip off

Legend internet are one of the worst ISP's I have come across

Lets see if you still have that opinion after a month with Plusnot. Sounds like you have gone from a dire ISP to......a dire ISP.

Good luck. You might be one of the lucky ones who gets a usable connection
Community Veteran

Plus net are a rip off

/me wonders if anyone has taken notice of sweetkid's join date...
Community Veteran

Plus net are a rip off

I'm not sure what bearing that has on the discussion? The date of the post is what is relevant, not when they joined or that this was their first post.
James
Grafter

Plus net are a rip off

Also equally confused.
Community Veteran

Plus net are a rip off

People were posting as if sweetkid didn't know what PN were like when he's been with them since '01.

Doesn't matter anyhow...
N/A

Plus net are a rip off

I saw it immediately Daniel, he was talking about a client. The others were skim reading. Smiley