cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net aint so bad!

N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

Ever since joining plus.net last november, i've never had a problem, these last 2 months or so with the FUP and other problems, has made me think of migration, i almost got to get my mac key.

While talking to a CS rep, i was offered to a free regrade, as long as i paid the rest of my deferred activation costs which i thought wasnt a bad idea, so on friday my regrade order was put to bt. Its now tuesday morning and my regradehas gone through, im now on Broadband Premier upto 2mb @£21.99 a month how cool is that? ...not a single problem, plus.net have done good! well done!

on a side note, i've no idea what limits -- if any i have now.. in regards to download caps.. could someone please clarify. and one more thing.. my line stats.. are these any good i couldnt make any sense of them:

Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 31 30 dB
Line Attenuation 33 35 dB
Data Rate 2272 288 kbps

Regards,

Michael
20 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Plus.net aint so bad!

Are you saying you got a free upgrade to 2MB ahead of BT's mass regrade? This could cause a few ripples in the PlusNET community :shock:
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

PLUS.NET not too bad?
Free upgrade?

Stop it my, sides are hurtin me
:lol:
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

on condition i paid the rest of my deferred activation costs, yes, just like i've already pointed out. why would it cause any bother?

can anyone answer my questions after my comments?

Thanks

Michael
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

There is no download limits.(unless PN change them again)
Your line stats are good/normal.

Just don't leave your wallet around where Plusnet can see it. :lol:
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

Why has no one else weve heard of been offered this? Everyone else has had to pay a fee of £15 to upgrade now. Paying your differed activation costs isnt really relevant as you would have had to do that over time anyway!
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Plus.net aint so bad!

on condition i paid the rest of my deferred activation costs, yes, just like i've already pointed out. why would it cause any bother?

Because PN have been charging everyone else £14.99 for this.
Community Veteran

Plus.net aint so bad!

Oi PN - I paid my activation and set up costs in full when I joined, what do I get as a fully fledged customer for several yearsHuh

Absulutely naf all - thats what.

Can I have a free upgrade to the fastest speed my line will suport, ahead of the BT regrade please - it seems you have done it for this customer, why not me?

Second thoughts, why not everybody?
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

I heard a rumour they were going to leave you till last, Chesterfield :roll:
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

I hope you were already on 2mbit...cuz if you got upgraded to 2mbit during this....there's going to be a lot of angry customers.
Community Veteran

Plus.net aint so bad!

LOL Cheesy

Bothered.

Im not particularly bothered about the speed of the net at the moment - I've been outside doing DIY.....

N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

Twisted spire next, or was it your fault?
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

I'm having horrible urges to turn the TV on now and watch those awful decking DIY programs >< Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
N/A

Plus.net aint so bad!

Chesterfield,

You should thank PN for giving you the time to get all that work done but now you are finished and want the upgrade!! :?
Community Veteran

Plus.net aint so bad!

Thats not finished... Cheesy

There is the decking steps to the far corner platform, the pagola, the BBQ with built in water feature and the borders to be done. The block paved lawn edging needs doing too.

Oh the outdoor speakers (disguised as rocks) and the lights (also rock) get to go in over the next few nights.

I suppose the above is slightly off topic though -best return it there....

I don't think they are that bad either - the way customers are communicated with could do with improving, and sorting out the business users should be getting some serious attention, but on the whol - I doubt they are any worse than anyone else!