cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus and Premier Just the same

N/A

So, due to recent events by PN. The Plus and Premier accounts are just about the same...... So why we all paying extra for PremierHuhHuh? There should be NO reason !!!!!!!!!!!.
17 REPLIES
N/A

because they like to hook you in and then screw you over.

I would expect a price reduction on any shapping of network as the idea of ppl going for this account is that they dont want blocking("reduction") of p2p. Come on plusnet why are you making the priemer ppl pay same for a lesser service than it was
simonh
Grafter

Good call. I think Plusnet could be on to a big loser here. Those who want a clean connection will go elsewhere, and those who want to stay mght as well go on to BB Plus. Can you hear the profits calling?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plus and Premier are still very different accounts.

The shaping on Plus is applied on a per user basis, not across the platform like it is on Premier. Also it is shaped to a much greater degree than on Premier.

The shaping on Premier will have a very subtle effect, with the speeds only being reduced very sightly.

Also the value added services are very different, on Plus you get less webspace, no CGI or MySQL and less capacity for hosting domains on the account.
N/A

You guys keep saying slight decrease etc etc etc... If you have been reading any of the other posts this is not the case.... Most are down by three quarters of normal speed!!!! and you call this slight, in my eyes that is a considerable decrease.
simonh
Grafter

The shaping on Premier will have a very subtle effect, with the speeds only being reduced very sightly.

From reading the threads on the subject it seems a lot of people are experiencing more than a "very subtle effect". It has to be more than coincidence that, for example, bit torrent users are seeing drastic reductions in speed for no apparent reason. I accept that this may not be down to the shaping, but I also have to accept that it may be down to the shaping. Until this is cleared up, you should expect a lot of unhappy customers. A 5% reduction in speed at busy times is nothing, but 30-50%? Even the most loyal +net customers would be snarling at that.
N/A

There's definately something going wrong somewhere Plusnet and if it isn't the traffic shaping how about you go have a nose around and see if you can spot any other problems?
slev
Grafter

so I dont use your webspace or cgi , p2p is shapped on both accounts and by going on posts here and on adsl guide it is a hell of alot more than you are saying.

Why on earth are we paying £21.99 a month when we can get the same for £14.99 ?

A good hosting account with working cgi starts at about £2.50 per month if you need hosting so it does not add up anymore.
N/A

All well and good going from Premier to Plus and saving £7 per month BUT, doesn't anyone else think this is an easy way for PlusNet to make a quick £14.99 or £29.99 in some cases?
N/A

All well and good going from Premier to Plus and saving £7 per month BUT, doesn't anyone else think this is an easy way for PlusNet to make a quick £14.99 or £29.99 in some cases?

Well spotted scotsman.
N/A

Another PR Disaster!!!

After the fiasco of the FUP I would have thought lessons would have been learnt.........guess not Shockedops:

Dont plusnet realise its not the introduction in most cases that p**s people off its the way its introduced and the total lack of consultation and information.

I realise plusnet is trying to stary competitive but potentially alienating your customer base isnt a good way to 'repair bridges'.

Pull your socks up plusnet :!: :!:
N/A

Well spotted scotsman.

I second that, thats what i would have to pay to regrade without waiting for the free one Evil
N/A

Plus and Premier are still very different accounts.

The shaping on Plus is applied on a per user basis, not across the platform like it is on Premier. Also it is shaped to a much greater degree than on Premier.

Also the value added services are very different, on Plus you get less webspace, no CGI or MySQL and less capacity for hosting domains on the account.

I think it would be wise if PlusNet stop reading from sheets and start realising what the problem is. We do have brains, and we do know when you guys are trying to pull a fast one. It wont work...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

We can see that some people are having problems with p2p, however given the nature of p2p applications these can be very difficult to find the root cause of.

At the same time there are several users reporting that their p2p speed has been very slightly slowed and they are still downloading at a very high speed.

If you do use p2p, moving to Plus would not be advisable. p2p has a much lower priority than it does on Premier, and you would never reach anything like the speeds you will get with Premier.
N/A

The shaping on Plus is applied on a per user basis, not across the platform like it is on Premier
could premier not be shapped on a per user basis?, then only the heaviest users slow at peak times. That seems much more fair.