cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net what on earth is going on??

johnmglen
Grafter

I recommended PN to my Father who was not overly impressed with the all controlling AOL. This was over 3 weeks ago. Plus Net were supplied with the MAC Key and all was progressing (apparently). After no progress and no connection (AOL cut him off on the agreed date that PN should have taken over), he tried to contact Plus Net by telephone (an hour of nothing so he gave up). Now my dear old Dad is not an experienced user and to be frank, he doesn't pretend to know a great deal about setting this stuff up. I live 250 miles away from him so it isn't easy to help him either, so I recommended Plus Net because I thought they would manage it easily for him. Now, after logging in for him (he doesn't mind) I note that Plus Net have told him via the portal (HE CAN'T CONNECT - FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME!!!!), that he needs to get a new MAC key. He is going to hit the roof, rightly so too.

I am appalled at this level of incompetence - do PN really expect to occupy a slot somewhere near the top if they go on like this.

Why am I so riled you might ask? Well, my Dad moved from AOL on my recommendation, I assured him that PN would sort this easily - because they said they could and they have failed miserably. But most of all, they keep telling him important information via the portal when he OBVIOUSLY cannot connect.

I am seriously considering leaving this outfit now, after years too; I wouldn't be at all surprised if my Dad bins the sign up too.

This should not be happening.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Hmm, if AOL have cut him off, you won't be able to get a MAC from them I wouldn't think - I'd guess you just need to have ADSL re-provisioned.

It'll be interesting to find out how AOL managed to cut him off whilst a migration order was in progress though - Openreach aren't supposed to accept orders on lines which already have an order active on them. (So it should have been impossible for AOL to raise a cease order on the line, if a MAC was present and valid.)

At least thats what I thought.
johnmglen
Grafter

I really wish that I had left him with AOL. At least it worked even though it was a pain in the backside. I want PN to ring him up and get this sorted out, he should not be getting messed about like this. My Xmas pressie is gonna be crap next year after this :lol:
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

If you have a username or a ticket number I'd be happy to look into this, and give your Dad a call.
johnmglen
Grafter

I am grateful to you for your offer of help.

Can you please assist him in resolving this and/or give him a call ?

My fathers username is: donglen

Ticket No: 21017915

His telephone number is identified within the ticket.

Could you confirm that you have done this?
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I've called your dad and explained the current issues. He needs to go back to AOL now and find out what the issue is/obtain a new MAC.
johnmglen
Grafter

Thanks, I appreciate your help but still feel that this is a ridiculously long and drawn out process. I'll get the grizzly details (and an ear bashing very likely} when I ring him later!
Mand
Grafter

Hmmm, strangeness afoot, there seem to have been problems with the order, but it has completed.

Your dad is now online, so you may get a present at Xmas after all! Smiley

There's a ticket open with our provisioning team to sort out all the admin stuff with BT now, which should be fun!
Mand
Grafter

Hi

Please see my reply above, seems its a problem with BT's system rather than the order itself.

I've rang your Dad, and he is definitely on line and sorted, so as I say we just need to sort the admin stuff out.
johnmglen
Grafter

Thanks, just spke with him, he is on line now. Sems that the connection is still a bit flakey though as he has been binned a couple of times already.

However, I am grateful for your help and my Xmas pressie is once again assured. He also said you are very nice, polite people and he blames Assholes On Line for everything!!

Seems like a fair comment to me.
Mand
Grafter

Thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

To be honest migrations are usually relatively smooth and trouble-free, and any problems are usually related to the ordering system used.