cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Community Veteran

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

It looks like Plus.Net has been snubbed in this years ISPA awards.

Best Metered ISP - UK Online
Best Unmetered Dial-up - Tesco
Best Light Consumer Broadband - Newnet
Best Heavy Consumer Broadband - Wanadoo
Best Sumo Consumer Broadband - Telewest Blueyonder
Best National Consumer ISP - Wanadoo
Best Light Business Broadband - Zen Internet
Best Heavy Business Broadband - Eclipse
Best Sumo Business Broadband - Kingston Communications
Best National Business ISP - Datanet

See http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=2119 for the full story.

And in this January Plus.Net dropped out of the Top 10 Fastest Broadband ISP’s

Looks like things are going down the pan.

But no wait, average revenue per customer has raised from £113 to £137 with pre tax profit at £2.9 million up 58%

See financial reports here http://www.plus.net/investors/financial_reports/

I personally feel that since Plus.Net floated on the AIM they have lost their focus on the customer, and services provided to concentrate on their share holders.

Chilly
30 REPLIES
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

I couldn't agree with you more M8
Community Veteran

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

How appropriate.

Dont you find it strange that revenue per customer moving from £113 to £137 equates to a rise of just over 21%

Yet the pre tax profits are up 58%

Customer revenue up 21% + Pre tax profit up 58% = customers are costing Plus Net less.

So why do we keep hearing about all the extra expense that we the customers are placing upon them - thats why they are changing their pricing.provision structure, or so we are led to beleive....
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Yeah, because those awards are soooooooo representative of reality. I mean Wanadoo best at anything? Gimme a break.
ceridwen
Grafter

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Customer revenue up 21% + Pre tax profit up 58% = customers are costing Plus Net less.

So why do we keep hearing about all the extra expense that we the customers are placing upon them - thats why they are changing their pricing.provision structure, or so we are led to beleive....

I suspect that a large number of the customers costing PN money rather left after the BBP - that probably made a big difference to the average customer revenue.

Of course PN promised that the BBP was a one off exercise so needed another mechanism for detering the heavy loss customers hence the FUP.

Matthew
Community Veteran

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Sorry I did not want to start another tread on the FUP.

My concerns are about the general level of service and customer satisfaction (outside of FUP issues).

We have suffered 3 major e-mail outages over the part 3 months each for over 12 hours. Days in the case of the outage at Christmas. Spam filtering that does not stop most spam, but will delay your e-mail for hours.
Support tickets taking over 48 hour to get a response.

And thats just my personal experience, from both the forums and usenet I know I am not alone.

As a customer I am losing that warm pink fuzzy feeling. Customer support does seam to have taken a back seat to profit.

Come on Plus.Net, listen to your customers, a you could be a great ISP once again.

Chilly
Community Veteran

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

I think that given the changes taking place in the world of broadband, all ISP's should be ensuring they are providing A1 customer service.

During these times there will be far more people asking questions and expecting swift honest answers. My honest opinion is that the people who will come out on top after all these changes, will be the people that have offered the best support throughout the turbulent period.

People are hardly going to make the effort to praise plusnets speed if they have had a bad experience with any other aspect of the service.
Community Veteran

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Best Metered ISP - UK Online

Still - theres always 2006 eh plusnet? Wink

JUST KIDDING!!!!

Seriously - I reckon the changes will be for the better, but the Customer Service will need some attention to keep up.
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

I suspect that a large number of the customers costing PN money rather left after the BBP - that probably made a big difference to the average customer revenue.

Nope - that happened too late in the year to have had any impact upon these figures.

Simon
N/A

Re: Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

I personally feel that since Plus.Net floated on the AIM they have lost their focus on the customer, and services provided to concentrate on their share holders.

Chilly

I couldnt agree more! Well said :-)
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Well I've been through more ISPs than I care to remember and Plus Net are still way ahead of the pack in price, facilities, customer service and just about every other area I can think of. Oh yeah, and I work for another ISP, so you can hardly call me prejudiced in favour of Plus Net Wink
N/A

Re: Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Chilly

I couldnt agree more! Well said :-)

Ditto.......
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Look it is clear the the clique on here won't hear a bad word said about PLUSnet, the FUP or anything contructive.

With regard to support, from what I have seen, it seems that the company has experienced growth but failed to employ an adequate number of support people.

You bring up the topic of listening, well the FUP fiasco shows that they are simply incapable, they do not care about customers at all, just about profit.

I think that the listing of their shares has caused the greed factor to kick in. Unfortunately, thye do not realise that each time they give the city massive improvements in profits they simply create expectation of the same in the following year. No company can deliver on that, especially one that has no respect for customers.

Sorry I did not want to start another tread on the FUP.

My concerns are about the general level of service and customer satisfaction (outside of FUP issues).

We have suffered 3 major e-mail outages over the part 3 months each for over 12 hours. Days in the case of the outage at Christmas. Spam filtering that does not stop most spam, but will delay your e-mail for hours.
Support tickets taking over 48 hour to get a response.

And thats just my personal experience, from both the forums and usenet I know I am not alone.

As a customer I am losing that warm pink fuzzy feeling. Customer support does seam to have taken a back seat to profit.

Come on Plus.Net, listen to your customers, a you could be a great ISP once again.

Chilly
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

There is one way to get instant customer support, put in a complaint with the ISP watchdog, they get a support ticket going at Plus.net and they go head over heals to call you to "put your mind at ease about the introduction of the FUP"...I got a call last night (first one I missed in the week, last night was a bad time) but my point is they call you! Repeatedly!.....of course this is because I basically said I was leaving :p

TBH I agree with this thread, while PN still has some amazing features and a superb community forum it is slipping, quickly. It is nowhere near the quality of service I signed up to, relatively speaking of course.
N/A

Plus.Net snubbed by ISPA

Look it is clear the the clique on here won't hear a bad word said about PLUSnet, the FUP or anything contructive.

So anyone who disagrees with you is automatically dismissed as being part of a clique? Despite the fact that, personally, I haven't posted on this forum for months before this issue blew up? Dismissing other people's opinions in such a way only serves to undermine the credibility of your argument. Disagreeing with people doesn't require that you insult their integrity.