Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net please TRAIN your CSC reps

N/A

Service Notice: SN27724324
Raised: 2006-04-07 01:06:05 by: Support
The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max.

Service Notice: SN27734076
Raised: 2006-04-07 10:19:49 by: Support
Generic Modify Transaction order has been accepted and BT is now processing it.

Ticket: 19180247 Closed
Raised: 2006-04-17 22:18:25 by: Customer Support
2006-04-17
22:18:25
CSC Agent Closed : Customer called for an update on provisioning MAX order.

Regards,

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

We didnt ask for an update on provisioning. Everything we read said 7 days. Being on 4mb we where provisioned already, see above we asked them to check if there was a problem due to the fact its over agreed target time for regrades. To be told 'it happens on your billing day' is incorrect and unhelpfull.

Inb short the CSC explained that "we don't do the upgrade till your billing date," when explained the regrade at bt end has nopthing to do with being switched at +net's end I was helpfully told "oh, we don't do that till your billing date".

They would not move from this stance, flatly contradicted members of the comms team who've explained that the two events (new package and new line speed) are not inter-related, and if 2meg lines had already been regraded then tehy must have had earlier billing dates, all delivered in a tone that indicated exreme boredom and a "tolugh, deal with it attitude" and general lack of interest.

I just wanted to know if there was an issue since the regrade order is now over 7 days old... and if the phone tech was right... then why would +net be deliberately limiting its customers speeds during the ten day test period?

They access your account, maybe they should have looked at there monitor and theyd have known it was provistioned.

NOT HAPPY.
20 REPLIES
N/A

These days there are a large percentage of CSC agents who can't read or write let alone deal with queries. If you ask the same question to a cross-section of them you'll get a massive variation in the answers, both qualitatively and in terms of the actual response given.
Don't be at all surprised if you get blatant contradictions either.
csogilvie
Grafter

I wonder if part of the reason for your delay is because of the bank holidays... I'm not sure if it affects these Max DSL orders or not, though.

7 working days from the 7th, is likely to be the 20th, due to the bank holiday's.

We didnt ask for an update on provisioning.

I can see where the agent is coming from. Your line is provisioned at a speed (say, in my case, 2MB) but you have an order open to have it provisioned as a Max line
N/A

well the good news is:

Connection Status Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 448
Ds Rate (Kbps) 8128
US Margin 26
DS Margin 16
Trained Modulation GDMT
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 24
US Line Attenuation 9
Peak Cell Rate 1056 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 1
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 0
CRC Tx Interleaved 0
Path Mode Fast Path
Grimbo
Grafter

These days there are a large percentage of CSC agents who can't read or write let alone deal with queries.

True! Check this out.

The network traffic management will stay in place for the forseeable future. If your wish you are migrate your servce out to a unlimited provider."
N/A

Here's some more entertaining and incomprehensible replies.

Thank you for the feedback, this is apreasheated.

sorry for the delay, we are still awaiting results from testing these finding will be posted and also info will be available via our service status.

This has been investigated by our networks team and they have done some testing to make sure that this problem has stopped. Are you saying that your problems reapeting as bad.

We dont have direct access to the fix or testing that been done to resolve this issue. We can if your still having this again have this re-ivestigated for you.

My recent favourite (not on one of my tickets) is
As the operating system has no bearing on the connection type, there should be no problem in using a MAC on the LLU system. We have tested MAC's on this and found it not to be an issue.

Doesn't it make you feel safe to know that the level of support you are paying for is so high!
Grimbo
Grafter

Maybe they should consider shipping the CS dept. out to an Indian call centre to improve the quality of the English!
N/A

there should be no problem in using a MAC on the LLU system.

Clearly, an Apple a day doesn't keep Tiscali away.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

My recent favourite (not on one of my tickets) is
As the operating system has no bearing on the connection type, there should be no problem in using a MAC on the LLU system. We have tested MAC's on this and found it not to be an issue.

Priceless!

Someone ought to set up a site where we can post and vote on these.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

The best bit is that the agent is wrong: Mac's have been known to have problems with USB modems (Think it is the PowerPC based mac's from memory) - so the hardware can have a direct effect on your connection (like not getting one if you've got a usb modem on an iMac)
N/A

That's not such a bad idea...
I don't want to vindictively single anyone out, but if we can encourage more people to share their support horrors it may push a change. That and we can at least get some entertainment out of this mess Wink
Unfortunately I'm no web-monkey.
gofaster
Rising Star

I got a good one on a currently open ticket.

Customer service guy1
You are right in thinking that usage between midnight and 8am is unmetered.

Customer service guy 2
At no point did we say the usage would be unmetered
N/A

The best bit is that the agent is wrong: Mac's have been known to have problems with USB modems

It depends on the USB modem, but yes, some don't have any drivers for any or particular Mac OS versions (it's not a PowerPC thing, if anything you'd have more problems with the ancient 68K or new Intel based Macs).
MysteryFCM
Grafter

I got a good one on a currently open ticket.

Customer service guy1
You are right in thinking that usage between midnight and 8am is unmetered.

Customer service guy 2
At no point did we say the usage would be unmetered

Had this one myself and found it absolutely histerical!
N/A

there should be no problem in using a MAC on the LLU system.

Clearly, an Apple a day doesn't keep Tiscali away.

:lol: