cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net have reduced my account again

Derbo

I had a 2Mb connection, I then requested a connection 'up to 8Mb' which Plus Net supplied. About 6 weeks later they reduced it back to 2Mb without informing me. I then requested the connection 'up to 8Mb' again and heard nothing since. Now I've just checked my account and its reduced to 1.5Mb. Any ideas why I am being cheated ?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

In what way is your connection being reduced? Where is it you are quoting these figures from? Is in via the portal or from your router/modem speeds?

What is your router/modem syncing at?
Derbo

When I click on 'connection settings' and then on 'High-Speed Broadband' it says 'Your current broadband speed is 1500Kbps'.]

About 2 months ago this said 2000 Kbps, it then changed to 8000 Kbps, then back to 2000 Kbps. Recently i've been noticing really slow download speeds so I checked again tonight and noticed its been reduced to 1500 Kbps.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Looking at your line speed history from BT the sync speed is fluctuating between about 1Mbps and 2.5Mbps. This could be normal for your line or it could be because of something like faulty or incorrect wiring or filters.

I'd suggest taking a look through this to see if anything helps:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

and if not if you can post your line stats that should help, this page will show you how to get the stats on most routers/modems:

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm
Community Veteran

Just to add further explanation, this isn't a case of PN actually deliberately altering your connection speed; the type of broadband product you're on means that every time you connect you're liable to receive a slightly different speed owing to the quality of the signal coming down your phone line.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

As the previous poster said ADSL Max works differently to the previous fixed rate ADSL services, and your speed will fluctuate from time to time.

I'd recommend a read of this page and the pages Dave referenced, there may be a lot you can do to increase your speeds.