Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Managed Profiles are in breach of your contract

N/A

I have been sold a 2MB premier product advertised as
1.ideal for frequent downloads and
2. downloading movies.

Because I do this I have now had my product reduced to a fraction of this speed without my consent. No limitations on download capacity were ever stated as they are with other internet service providers. This is in breach of clause 4.1 of my contract with you.

4.1 When we provide the Service to you, we promise to use all reasonable skill and care of a competent Internet Service Provider.

They also imposed this 50 GB limit 4 days before resetting the monthly usage figures making it impossible for me to see if I am complying with their request. If they had imposed these restrictions 4 days later it would have been possible for me to monitor my usage. Again this is in breach of clause 4.1 of our contract.

Please mail me at sparkeemarky@*pleaseremovethis*hotmail.com so that we can combine our cases against this unjust system
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

11.2 If we think that your use of the Service may:
(a) impair the security of the system and/or the network used to provide the Service; or
(b) cause detrimental performance of the Service to you or any other Customer;
we may suspend your access to the Service or parts of the Service. Suspension is further explained in paragraphs 15 and 16. If possible, we will give you prior notice if we do suspend your service.

The 50gb limit and subsequent restriction of your service was because of the amount you have downloaded having a "detrimental effect on the service" i.e. you have downloaded so much you were using the product outside of it's 30:1 contention ratio during peak hours over 3 months iirc i.e. 30 other people share the same 2mb/s of bandwith as you so you were preventing them from getting their fair share, hence you have been restriced to a 30th of you connection speed, to you contention ratio.
N/A

The 50gb limit and subsequent restriction of your service was because of the amount you have downloaded having a "detrimental effect on the service" i.e. you have downloaded so much you were using the product outside of it's 30:1 contention ratio during peak hours over 3 months iirc i.e. 30 other people share the same 2mb/s of bandwith as you so you were preventing them from getting their fair share, hence you have been restriced to a 30th of you connection speed, to you contention ratio.

Can anyone honestly say they have been prevented from getting their fair share, in all honesty I dont think I have ever heard anyone complaining in here or anywhere else that the couldnt get their fairshare of bandwidth.

I was a heavy user but now I have been put on a managed profile using the net is not the same, any patching or upgrades take for ever to download, so I think there must be a case for PN to answer here.
I am not against the managed profile but to be put on it for ever seems a liitle unfair, why did they not just put a limit on the downloading and once you were at that you could no longer download until the next month, or you could buy extra.
N/A

donaldscott.

Have you looked at any of the slow speed threads, or looked at the capacity graphs?
N/A

Is that the only way they will appear, sorry I thought the customers themselfs might have noticed something and complained.

I will go and have a look at them right now
N/A

Clause 11.2b is so vague. It cannot be used to justify suspending someones service. If you accept this any person who uses a shared download service would be liable whether it is 30:1 or 5:1. Why can't PlusNet be up front and state in their advertising there is a 100 GB download limit? Other service providers state their download limits. PN advertise it as ideal for frequent downloads and downloading movies.
N/A

did the complaint of slow speeds etc only start happening after the traffic shaping and the bad boy emails came out tho? not saying there is a coincedence but this is plusnet we are talking about at the moment. that will get some comments made Cheesy
N/A

Yup. Comments regarding slow speed started appearing about 3 weeks prior to the shaping being announced (so roughtly 2 weeks prior it being enabled).

Many of the first ones had been mismissed and asked to follow the norma proceedures. The numbers slowly increasre (1 possibly 2 every 2 days).

There was a marked increase after it was announced. The strange thing is, very few people actualy submitted a "my connection is slow" between the time it was enabled, and the time is was admitted.

To compound problems, there has been a marked increase in the number of people reporting VP level issues (aka, BT contention).

These can quickly be detected through following the BT speedtester tutorial. As we know, it bypasses the Plusnet network, allowing only BTs to be at fault.
N/A

philip can you answer me a question please, will the lighting of another segment of pipe (as PN have done within the last week) make much difference? or will the extra soon get swallowd up?
N/A

The lighting of an extra pipe, will very quickly be distrubuted accross those using the gateway it is connected to.

Take a loaf and throw it to a crowd of people, make them share it between them.

It isn't going to go very far, but it does make a differance.
N/A

Take a loaf and throw it to a crowd of people, make them share it between them.

sounds like we need a cirtain biblical figure to help feed the masses............... who's this ian wild i've heard people mention.... maybe he can help :lol: :lol:
Community Veteran

Ian Wild used to work for plusnet, he was in charge of the Comms Team and seems to be very well regarded amongst the customer base.