cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Email Blocked - This affects us all

N/A

In an earlier post http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16293 I asked the forum to send me emails as I had problems with my Web Site host dumping without any warning ANY emails sent from any Plus net address. As a result of the help I received from forum members I was able to demonstrate this and lay the problem at their door.

The reason for this thread is:
A) to warn Plus Net users that their email may not be being received with no indication of any problems.

B) To ask for clarification from Plus Net about the steps being taken to resolve this issue.
I know it has been discussed here
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16038 but after 4 pages of comment I and I am sure many others would appreciate a clear statement of the current position, action plan and policy.

Many Thanks

Charlie
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

For B) without knowing the ISP you are refering to how can PlusNet do anything about it?

Have you raised a contact us ticket with the relevant details and asked PlusNet to investigate?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you want to put all the information into a ticket our network team should be able to look into it for you.
oliverb
Grafter

Is this the specific AT&T issue or the wider problem of misapplied blocklists?

There seems to be confusion over the definition of dial-up. I think there is a question of intent here, surely the whole point of a dial-up blacklist is to prevent spammers signing up for new PAYG accounts, using them until they are banned then signing up under a new name.

Since ADSL demands a greater level of contract between user and ISP it ought to be in a different category.

If a 16 IP block is the smallest that can have it's own RIPE record then maybe Plusnet ought to offer 16 IP blocks as an option. I wouldn't expect this to be free though but in return for the fee plusnet should guarantee the block is free from prior blacklistings.

FWIW 4 IP blocks seem to be a joke. I can connect a whole LAN via a single IP, and potentially run servers, yet I can only connect one PC via a 4 block. No wonder IPv4 is running out of space!! Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Subject to appropriate justification you can have a 16 IP Block on our Office accounts. I'm not sure whether it will be possible to guarantee a block has never been blacklisted as they only way of doing this would be to issue IP addresses that have never been used before by anyone.
Ianwild
Grafter

FWIW 4 IP blocks seem to be a joke. I can connect a whole LAN via a single IP, and potentially run servers, yet I can only connect one PC via a 4 block. No wonder IPv4 is running out of space!! Cheesy

It depends on the kit you use. It is perfectly possible to use 2 IPs from a 4IP block - One to provide NAT to any size of network and the other to passthrough straight to a server. If you have a Solwise SAR110, there is plenty of information on how to do this at http://www.solwiseforum.co.uk

Regards,

Ian