cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PluNet down?

N/A

PluNet down?

I have been trying since 5.30 AM to get on-line. Is there anything busted?

I'm using dial up to post this so there must be life out there...
27 REPLIES
N/A

PluNet down?

All ok here
N/A

PluNet down?

It seems that I needed to reboot my router. Hearing about all the horror stories about getting bad connections after being upgraded to MAXdsl and switching off the router everyday, I chose not to do this. Last night I thought I would give it a try. Hence the problem.

Unplugging my telephone and router for a few minutes seems to have sorted the problem

Incidentally, I phoned customer support and to my great surprise got though within a few minutes and was dealt with by a very helpful James. Smiley
Alecto
Grafter

PluNet down?

John, you're not allowed to mention CS names. You could get banned for this!! :lol:
N/A

PluNet down?

Naughty Naughty! Wink
N/A

PluNet down?

Yes, but he was really very helpful Geoff, and polite. Wink
Alecto
Grafter

PluNet down?

Very nice.
But I'm sure there was a long rigmarole on here a while back when some jobsworth ordained that in the interests of fairness, human rights and such tosh, if you couldn't name UN helpful people, then you couldn't name helpful ones either.

Barmy I agree, but I will die defending the rules as you know. :lol:
N/A

PluNet down?

Barmy I agree, but I will die defending the rules as you know. :lol:

I totally agree with you Geoff, but I think that the rules have changed since that announcement: Linky. Wink
Alecto
Grafter

PluNet down?

No surprise there then. When have the rules NOT changed?

However, I shall be emailing Cherie Booth about this flagrant disregard of human rights.

So we can now name people if we're pleased with them, and NOT if we're displeased with them?
Or can we name bad people as well as good ones?
N/A

PluNet down?

But he did it first sir!
Wink

Is that a good enough defence though? :lol:
N/A

PluNet down?

Is that a good enough defence though? :lol:

:lol: Not on it's own James, but there was an endorsement of this new policy at the bottom of the post. Wink

So, I claim a precedent has been set and therefore a new policy is inforce...
Alecto
Grafter

PluNet down?

I see no endorsement.
It looks like it slipped through and the poster there should be banned as well as John
N/A

PluNet down?

Moderator's note by Chris: Full quote of previous post removed. This is not necessary.

It's a tentative endorsement I agree, but one all the same; it proves that the post had been read and the offending part removed, leaving everything else in the post intact and correct. Smiley
N/A

PluNet down?

Surely that just meanst that Chris missed that bit when he chopped out the quoted post? Doesn't actually say - off you trot - its all OK now, continue with my blessing, does it?

IMO praise should be allowed, and since the 'rules' contains a link to 'guidelines' which contains the bit about names etc, I reckon you could argue if you had to anyhow.
Breaking Rules = Bad
Posting outside of Guidelines = Much less bad?
N/A

PluNet down?

Surely that just meanst that Chris missed that bit when he chopped out the quoted post?

Ah, but you are only guessing when you state that James... Smiley