cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please return my money immediately.

N/A

This is a copy of the the message I have just posted as a ticket incase you do not read it as my account is suposed to be already terminated.....

Please return the money you have taken from my account for the period 12th October - 11th November immediately.

I gave you my 30 days notice to terminate on the 8th September at the same time as requesting a MAC code. (Ticket ID: 20248175)

You issued me with the Mac code on the 10th September.

The MAC code was used and the ADSL service migrated to SkyBB on the 20th September.

You then raised an invoice for £20.99 on the 12th September for the period 12th September to the 11th October. This payment is correct as per your T&C.

You then registered the cease order for the account on the 26th September.

On the 27th September you registered the fact that I had cancelled the direct debit.

Even though you KNEW that the service had been cancelled and you KNEW the direct debit had been cancelled the day after your last due payment went out, you STILL took another payment on the 12th october for the period covering 12th October until the 11th November.

If this last payment (taken illegally) is not returned to my account within 7 days you can expect yet another small claims procedure and yet more complaints about your service sent to all the usual places.

I had already seen from the numerous posts in the forum that this was one of your more usual tactics and therefore took a printoff of the tickets and timeline.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Pop into your banks branch, or give them a call, reuqest for an imdemnity claim and you will get your money supplied back into your account there and then by your bank.

Your bank will then get the money back from plusnet, it's part f the direct debit gaurentee.

You can also contact bacs directly here as plusnet appear not to be adhering this.

Obviously this means you need to do the running around but it will be quicker Wink
N/A

I dont think plusnet are robbers, i say your'll get your money back and none at plusnet will have a sleepness night about it. :roll:
N/A

Thanks for the link, djbadboy. The bank will be getting an ear full on Monday.

The annoying thing is that the DD was cancelled for the very reason that i had seen the same thing mentioned numerous times on this forum.

What makes things worse is that, as shown in the above timeline, everything is registered on the ticket system so there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for taking money that they are not entitled to.

It's either robbery or incompetance. Neither is is acceptable.
N/A

It's always the same with payments, they just don't seem to get it quite right even with todays high tech world.
N/A

They don't seem to get it right when it's in their favour, you mean.

A few years ago I forgot to change the details of my CC when the old one expired. They cut my PN connection the same day. It seemed to work pretty efficiently then.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

While the DD guarantee means you can easily get your money back and cancel the payment for any company you're in debit to, should the billing fall into disrepute (regardless of who is at fault) they can screw with your credit rating and threaten court action, etc.

Even if the company is blatantly wrong, it will take some action on their part (i.e. someone with knowledge to adjust the billing database) to sort things.

While the banks and businesses like DD as it saves them money in administration, the guarantee means fuck all to the punter. You can cancel it and get the money back, but unless you sort the situation out with the company concerned then there are going to be repercussions.
N/A

oh yes, agreed. I hate banks just slightly less than Saddam Hussein but it's amazing how they can suddenly do impossible things when their own reputation is on the line.

I had a similar isuue (though ten times worse) a few years ago with a telephone company I was with at the time. They were called Localtel. Over a period of three months, they took over £300.00 from my account by a DD that had been cancelled months before.

I kept telling the bank to stop it but they refused. They also refused to reimburse me the money, stating that the way their computer sytem worked, it was physically impossible for them to do so. Anyway, I wrote to watchdog and I was actually invited down to London for an interview, along with three others.

I took the letter from Watchdog and the train ticket they supplied me with to the bank. I was almost DRAGGED into the manager's office, coffee n biscuits on the table. Within 20 minutes the £300.00 was back in my account. Remember? that thing that was "physically impossible" for them to do?

Banks are just legalised thieves in my opinion.
N/A

http://www.bankcharges.info/

It works too Wink - I got all my bank charges refunded (when not my fault).

Was that the same program, that ws talking about 3 days for a cheque clearance, yet in Sweden (or was it norway) the cheque is cleared the same day. 3 days clearance give the bank the chance to use your cheque to play the markets e.t.c.?
N/A

Well we're not called Ripoff Britain for nothing.
N/A

PN have answered my ticket and given me that old chestnut about BT not telling them the service had been migrated and they will sort it out.

This problem with BT has been known by PN for ages, as shown in many posts on this forum so why oh WHY do they still insist on using BT's notification as the rule for ceasing an account? BT don't pay you for my ADSL, I do so when I or any other customer gives you the 30 days notice to cease, you should do it. We would soon tell you if the service had not been migrated.

Now to the more serious matter. I've been to the bank today to find out why PN was still able to withdraw money from my account after I had cancelled the direct debit. To my astonishment I find out that when PN discovered the DD had been cancelled, they merely helped themselves by debiting the money direct from my account using the details given them when setting up my account with them.

This is quite simply atrocious. More incredible is the fact that the bank say we can't do a (add expletive here) thing about it and that PN could continue helping themselves to my account for as long as they wanted to.

The bank manager said that we should never give our bank details to any company for this very reason. How then are we to stay in the 21st century if we can't give companies such as PN the details they require in order to sign up for their service?

So be warned, PN like to, and do dip into a person's bank account even when they have no right.
N/A

Are you saying that PN have used your debit card details or that they have reinstated the direct debit mandate.
N/A

must be pretty scarey for the staff working at these shoddy companies.

i mean if their personal details got out there would be some nasty accidents.

hell i'd get all freaked out everytime the car window got smashed. or the letterbox got stuffed with fireworks/....

lucky i work for a respected company that treats it customers like people not cashtrees. so im not scared.

BOO

hahah jumpy Tongue
N/A

They used the debit card details. The DD is still cancelled. As the bank manager pointed out on my bank statement, next to every transaction by PN are the initials DD but on the last one it says DEB.
N/A

BOO

heh so much fun :twisted: