cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please read this if u r thinking of canceling,

N/A

this is the 2nd time i posted this link, as f9 have removed the 1st, highly improper,,,it's ofcom the phone and isp regulator on what isp providers can and cant do,,, pay special attention to the part regarding withholding you MAC code,,,
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/
7 REPLIES
N/A

Service providers covered by the code
Individual service providers can advise on whether the code of practice applies to their customers.

The code of practice is only relevant to broadband services which are delivered by certain types of BT access lines. It is not relevant to services delivered via cable, such as by ntl or Telewest.

The code of practice is a voluntary measure between some, but not all, service providers offering broadband access. Service providers who have signed up to the code are:

As this is a voluntary code of practice and Plusnet are not a signatory, I fail to see what your point is.
N/A

True, PlusNet are not in the list for this voluntary code of practice. But in their terms and conditions they undertake to behave as expected for an honourable ISP. I forget the actual wording, look it up yourself. This, to the legal definition of a reasonable man, should mean that they would comply with the spirit of that code, even though they have not put their name to it. This is part of their contract with you. None of their contract is negotiable, including that clause.

John
astarsolutions
Grafter

When have F9 every refused to provide a MAC code anyway?
N/A

Re: Please read this if u r thinking of canceling,

this is the 2nd time i posted this link, as f9 have removed the 1st, highly improper,,,it's ofcom the phone and isp regulator on what isp providers can and cant do,,, pay special attention to the part regarding withholding you MAC code,,,
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice/codes/bbm_cop/

And i would like to know who removed the link? - cause it was none of the Mod Team and i doubt it was any of the Comms team either.
James
Grafter

We're only not signed up to the voluntary code for contractual reasons. When outstanding payments are made, we always submit the MAC code.

It prevents people signing up for a yearly contract and then migrating away, avoiding paying the activation fee. That kind of situation.
N/A

We're only not signed up to the voluntary code for contractual reasons. When outstanding payments are made, we always submit the MAC code.

It prevents people signing up for a yearly contract and then migrating away, avoiding paying the activation fee. That kind of situation.

Very wise.

Of course it doesn't prevent F9 providing zero or unacceptable service for weeks or months and using the MAC as a lever to extract payment for services not provided. That kind of situation.
James
Grafter

Touché.