cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, no...BT Retail to buy PlusNet?

MacOS10
Grafter

Just read in a magazine that "PlusNet has confirmed that it has received an approach from an unamed suitor, believed to be BT Retail."

I really hope this isn't true, I joined PlusNet to get away from the hell that is BT - this is bad news to me if it happens. Hopefully, it's just a rumour!! I can feel a move to another ISP coming on.
15 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

It's not a rumour. You wrote yourself that plusnet have confirmed it. Don't expect any more press releases until it's either a done deal or called off.
MacOS10
Grafter

Oh bugga! Here's hoping that it's called off, then!
N/A

I don't think you'd be much worse off being with BT again considering the state PN are in.
I mean was P2P Below 10kb/sec for 12+ hours a day with them?

And i'm sure if a company gets bought out and it's userbase changes over, by law you are allowed to jump ship for free, right? What with the new t&c's and all...
N/A

Re: Please, no...BT Retail to buy PlusNet?

Just read in a magazine that "PlusNet has confirmed that it has received an approach from an unamed suitor, believed to be BT Retail."

I really hope this isn't true, I joined PlusNet to get away from the hell that is BT - this is bad news to me if it happens. Hopefully, it's just a rumour!! I can feel a move to another ISP coming on.

You gotta be kidding? I pray for all you customers (I'm leaving soon) that BT do take control or something. PN are utter GARBAGE and fuck knows why it IGNORES cutomers and provides an UNBELIEVABLY TERRIBLE service. No, sorry, but you must be a 'special case', one of the few people to get a decent service. I guarantee you, that it'l get real bad sooner or later, and that's understandable, but when it get's 'bad', don't expect ANY help from PN. Yep, hope Bt does somethng for all the poor, ignored PN customers.
Community Veteran

hmm nearly 200k customers how many have you seen complaining? I've certainly not seen anywhere near 100 people...
N/A

And i'm sure if a company gets bought out and it's userbase changes over, by law you are allowed to jump ship for free, right? What with the new t&c's and all...

Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case.
I was my understanding too, thats why im hanging in for the time being, as i refuse to pay the extortionate charges to leave.
Im hoping the takeover happens very soon.
N/A

hmm nearly 200k customers how many have you seen complaining? I've certainly not seen anywhere near 100 people...

Your are having a laugh right?....if there is something i dislike more than Plusnet's crappy recent service it's blind Plusnet fanboys.
MacOS10
Grafter

Your are having a laugh right?....if there is something i dislike more than Plusnet's Censored recent service it's blind Plusnet fanboys.

I didn't envisage this thread turning into a target at PlusNet, I've been with them for nearly a year and not had any major problems (bar the odd email outage once or twice) - maybe I've just been lucky, I dunno. *shrugs*

What concerns me most if BT take over is their customer service is the worst I've ever come across - just trying to get through to an actual person takes ages, then they transfer you to 3 or 4 departments before you eventually get to the "right" person. Even then, they usually can't resolve your problem. I know from experience that if BT take over, things will undoubtably get a lot worse, believe me! That's why I was concerned at this news - I'm more than happy to stay with PlusNet if things stay as they are. Perhaps PlusNet need to do a bit of research into how their customers feel about a potential takeover/merger with BT?
N/A

Sorry about that Steve. i'll stay out of this one Smiley
MacOS10
Grafter

No worries, post above wasn't aimed at you in particular!
Wink
N/A

Run while you can! Just requested my MAC and i'm off to Be 24mb soon Smiley and real p2p speeds
N/A

Your are having a laugh right?....if there is something i dislike more than Plusnet's Censored recent service it's blind Plusnet fanboys.

damn straight!
Community Veteran

Can everyone cool it in this thread a bit please.

The use of words like 'fanboys' towards other users is not welcome in these forums.

Chris
N/A

Can everyone cool it in this thread a bit please.

The use of words like 'fanboys' towards other users is not welcome in these forums.

Chris

youll be telling us we cant call people big softies next