cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please close my account

N/A

Please close my account

I've spent about 15 minutes trying to find a contact form to no avail, the contact us pages just lead around in circles to help files and other sales stuff.
Anyway, I thought I'd closed my account with Plusnet in July 2006 but I'm still getting emails from you.
Please close account paulherber and remove all information about me from your systems. Do not contact me again.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Please close my account

Unfortunately the forums are not an official support medium. Please use the help assistant to raise a cancellation request.

You need to take the following route:-

Account Management
Cancel My Product
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
hamsandwich
Grafter

Please close my account

If I were you, Chris, instead of telling your ex-customer to fill in forms, I'd pass this request directly to your Data Controller, who I believe is Mark Bell, as it contains instructions that could be interpreted as subject to the DPA and PECA, and now, as you're a plusnet employee, plusnet could reasonably be deemed to have received it.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Please close my account

The forums aren't considered an official support medium and certainly not for a cancellation of an account.

The following document highlights our cancellation policy:

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml

The particular part of relevance is this:

3. For accountability reasons, we can only accept cancellation requests in writing, never verbally. A cancellation request can be made in one of two ways:

Online: The quickest and easiest way to request a cancellation is online, via our secure ticketing system (known as the Help Assistant). This tool is linked from the Support section of our website. The path to request cancellation is 'Customer Services & Billing' > 'Account Management' > 'Cancel My Account' > 'Select appropriate option'.

Any notice period that applies to the cancellation request will start as soon as a ticket is received via this Help Assistant path.

By Post to: PlusNet, Internet House, 2 Tenter St. Sheffield, S1 4BY

It is recommended that for customers' own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the account username, and if appropriate any final payments due should be included.