cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Train your staff

N/A

Please Train your staff

Ok whats the right answer to this? do i have to give 30 days notice?

2005-09-10
14:52:14
You
Open : [Support Wizard Journey]
[Ts & Cs Enquiry - Please set cause]
[Additional Information]
hi can you provide me with a mac key as i do not wish to agree to your new t and c's

thank you

please confirm that i owe you nothing at the same time
2005-09-11
14:48:00
xxxxxxx
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear xxxxxx,
Your MAC key is: xxxxxxx.
A ticket containing this information has been added to your account.
The MAC key will be valid for 30 days starting from now.

Kind Regards,
xxxxxxxx
2005-09-11
19:11:55
You
Assigned : and the answer to my second question was?
2005-09-11
19:55:55
xxxxxxxxx
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear xxxxxx,
Currently there is nothing outstanding on your account. If you wish to cancel you will need to give us 30 days notice to do this.
Regards,
someone who didnt read the ticket properly
2005-09-12
00:43:12
You
Assigned : for rejecting the terms and conditions? i didnt change them you did!
23 REPLIES
N/A

Please Train your staff

Perhaps you would like to print the terms and conditions out and give a copy to your staff. Reading them it quite clearly says

23. Ending this Agreement

23.1 This Agreement can be ended by:

23.1.1 us giving one month's notice to you; or

23.1.2 you giving one month's notice to us.

23.1.3 you giving us immediate notice within the 14 day notice period if, under clause 24, we inform you that we are increasing our charges or changing the conditions of this Agreement to your detriment.
23.2 If we give you notice, you must pay the Charges applicable up to the end of that notice. If you give us notice, you must pay us the Charges that would have been due within the notice period.

23.3 If you give us notice that ends, or we end this Agreement under clause 20, during the period of the Agreement, you must pay us the relevant cancellation Charges set out in your Agreement.

23.4 If you give us notice that falls before the end of your current Agreement period because we have increased our Charges or materially changed the Conditions of this Agreement to your detriment, you may cancel in the period of time between the notice of the changes and the time the changes take place.

23.5 If you have paid any Charges for a period after the end of the Agreement we will either repay it or put it towards any money you owe us
Community Veteran

Please Train your staff

By asking for your MAC, your 30 day notice period has already started.
N/A

Please Train your staff

thx peter but according to their own terms and conditions it does not say i have to give 30 days notice or does it?
N/A

Please Train your staff

The 30 days notice is part of the MAC code migration system which is setup by BT & PN have signed up to use.
N/A

Migrations woes,Ivan

Hi soundsystem,

In other words Plusnet have ALL the angles covered on this issue to their benefit. The T&C's use the usual legalease (legal jargon which is barley english?) so its rather confusing & unclear to the average joe public unless you happen to be a solictior yourself of course then its plain english again!! :lol:

Seems like most users who migrate out and ask for their MAC key get stung for costs i.e. its not free to leave. OK! in some cases its fair enough because PN incurred costs by supplying equipement as part of an annual contract and so would loose any those costs & profits. But otherwise where a customers doesnt have any outstanding costs then migration should clearly be free of costs.

**PS: Seems far too easy to blame BT yet again for the system, anyway Plusnet agreed to the system even if it was setup by BT. It just smacks of nobody wanting to take responsibility yet again (pass the buck,pass the buck!!).

**Please can we have less legalease and legal jargon in Plusnets T&C's and far more plain english.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
The True power of knowledge is when its shared.
N/A

Please Train your staff

i thought that changes to the t&c meant that if you do not agree to it you do not have to give 30 days notice that is whati mentioned in my ticket and i did not get a reply about needing 30 days notice?

if you do not agree you do not need 30 ddays notice i believe and only have to pay up to the point until you leave.
Community Veteran

Please Train your staff

Ditto that as long as you reject them before 23.59 on thursday then you should be fine.
N/A

Please Train your staff

just shows that the training that took place with the new agents was either:

1) too much for a person to understand

2) they didnt listen

3) They didnt have any

glad to be going - i seriously believe this place is going to the dogs, at least i won't be the one who has to turn the light off though :-)

If you think i am giving you 30 days notice you can whistle - take me to court
Community Veteran

Please Train your staff

1) Possibly...
2) Highly likely :razz:
3) Nope Bob Pullen does it.
N/A

Please Train your staff

F2S just rang and sorted it out all over the phone, and they stated they have had loads of migrations in from plusnet :-)

the guy couldnt do enough to help - 5 / 10 more days of this then i'm gone

Shame your guys couldnt ring to apologise for the crap i as a user has had to put up with - but hey so what

Daniel and the others - will miss u guys - the forums have been fun, but i will catch up with u all on http://www.plusnetters.co.uk/forums/

Dave Ben and Stewpot - thx for your help guys - keep yer chins up

Ged
N/A

Please Train your staff

sound i moved to them too see you there im over there on the 19th lol

geoff replys back lightning fast lol with as much info as he can give out and tells u to keep annoying him lol...jk

very friendly he soon got off of the formal crap that i hate lol
N/A

Please Train your staff

paul

i likethe fact that they authorise your card but dont debit it till you get the service in case there is any probs on the way

couldn't have been any more helpful!

see you there - i have kept the same username
N/A

Please Train your staff

nice to see that Plusnet will not answer the question tho

do i need to give 30 days or not?
N/A

Please Train your staff

do i need to give 30 days or not?

If you think i am giving you 30 days notice you can whistle - take me to court

What does it matter, since you've taken that stance?