cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!! Sevice down for 2 days...

N/A

Can someone from Plusnet please contact BT Wholesale and report a line fault for us?

Our account name is: ilondon

We've been told that the only way to solve our linefault problem is for Plusnet to do this. Otherwise we are completely stuck...

We have a trouble ticket in to Plusnet, but no response for a day. We use the internet for work and are desperate to get the problem solved.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cynthia
11 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Dear Cynthia,

Your service has been moved over to our LLU offering. Can you check that your settings are as follows please?

Data Circuit Information
VPI = 0 (Virtual Path Identifier)
VCI = 38 (Virtual Channel Identifier)

Data Link Encapsulation - PPPoA

PPP Properties - VC Multiplexed
N/A

Cynthia

You may be waiting a while. Mines at five days now

James- i'd appreciate some action on either 19788870 or 19814571 if you're still reading.

Glyn
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When these services are moved over to LLU does no one actualy check to see if the damn connection is working?

Dear Cynthia,

Your service has been moved over to our LLU offering. Can you check that your settings are as follows please?

Data Circuit Information

James
Grafter

They'll do what BT do, and check for sync at the exchange itself.
bluewhale
Grafter

well they're clearly NOT doing that as there seem to be quite a few of us now who've been moved and then no connection!!
N/A

Thank you all - we've checked our settings and they are correct. Received notification from PlusNet that our issue has been raised with our wholesale provider and we now have a "suppliers fault reference number".

Hopefully things will get resolved soon.

Thanks again,
Cynthia
N/A

I lost my connection too two days ago. Reading all the connectivity issues on here doesnt give me any confidence that the issue will be quickly resolved.
I can live without the internet, this is not the end of the world but I do object to being charged for a service I cannot use.

I trust this downtime will be deducted from my next bill. Will someone from Plusnet confirm this will be the case.
JonathanW
Grafter

As already mentioned, basic tests are carried out as part of the migration process. As for the particular issues mentioned in this thread, it would seem that they've all already been raised through to Tiscali, appart from one where further information is required.

With regards to the billing, flobob, this is something that we'd be able to look at after the fault is resolved, and it is always handled on an individual basis.
N/A

Dear Cynthia,

Data Circuit Information

Are these settings correct for LLU? I was under the impression that for LLU it was PPPoE LLC!
N/A

I've had the same problem since Monday night - sync light constantly flashing & no signal, after running the test (via super slow dial-up) I had this response :-

Broadband Fault Checker - Connection checks [ Completed ]

The Connection checks have now completed

Test result summary: Fail
We have completed testing of your broadband service. The results indicate that the fault may be caused by a problem with our systems. More information may be available on our Service Status page.Please check Service Status.If there is no service-wide problem reported on Service Status, we will provide an update when we have more information.
Script User Unused - ADC - Developers 8:12pm, Tuesday 11th July 2006

Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.

That was the last I heard despite numerous notes added by me.
I too can live without the 'net but as I'm paying for it, I don't see why I should but the most annoying thing is being kept in the dark - I'd rather be told that I'll be without a connection for a week till it's fixed than be totally ignored "Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review" means nothing to me & is no doubt just an automated answer so I'm not even sure if my problem is even known till I receive an answer from a real human being !! Sad

FYI my modem (BT Voyager 105) settings are :-

VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoATM NULL Encapsulation
Modulation: G.DMT

These are the factory settings & I can't see any way of changing them if I wanted to :?:

I'd appreciate it if someone could look into this for me & hopefully give us some indication of what is being done about it & when normal service should be resumed.

Thanks in advance Wink
N/A

Hi, the link is up now. Bandwidth has changed to 8mb rx. However we are not able to authenticate with ilondon@plusdsl.net Each time we try, the attempt appears to time out.

We've tried two seperate modems working from two separate line filters but still get the same result. Carefully checked all the settings support gave us, but no luck as they were already correct.

Can someone please call us back to work out this last issue?

0207 431 0117

thanks in advance - cynthia