cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help PN

johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

Plus Net chaps or chapesses,I would like to ask for your help in resolving the following. My Father, who is not an experienced user, lives 240 miles away from me and needs his connection to be solid, recently moved from AOL to PN on my recommendation.

Since he has been with you his initial MAC expired and he was off line for weeks, eventually got on with some kind of ad hoc solution PN rigged up and has now had to get a second MAC which has binned him off again. Having just got off the phone to him it is fair to say that he is very unhappy (my name is mud for recommending you lot by the way!!!)

Please can any of the resident PN staff help on this one as he is well baffled and is I repeat, not an experienced user AND CANNOT CONNECT. So I need you lot to ring him and sort him out ASAP. My Xmas pressie hangs in the balance once again - not to mention my inheritance :lol:

Anyway, see ticket number 21375830
14 REPLIES
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

Guess the guys have gone home for the night Wink Tomorrow will do I suppose.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Please Help PN

Hi,

I've got a remote test running on the line, should take about 15 minutes or so, so I'll reply back when I have the result.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Please Help PN

Looks like a fault on the BT Wholesale network, the test came back with

Conclusion: BT Fault

We'll get this raised with them for you.
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

Thank you - please do so urgently. I fear (after talking to him again), that he is about to ditch Plus Net. Unfortunately, this trial period has been simply awful. He actually had no bother with AOL, and now he has had sporadic connection, no connection twice, MAC ballsed up and asked for another and can currently not connect at all. All he did was gave you a MAC as requested, then wallop - no connection at all.

I have asked that PN ring him - has this been done?Huh
James
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi,

I've asked one of the faults guys to look into this.
sam
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi johnmglen,

I am just having a look at your Dads ticket, unfortunatly the ticket that was closed this morning has closed the fault, so I am in the process of raising this again.

I have just called you Dad and I will monitor the fault, (I am off next week so I will pass this to one of the comms team if the fault is ongoing after the weekend, lets hope not though!)
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

Thank you, can you please let me know if the ticket that he currently has open, is all that needs to be open?

Does there need to be any more action by him (which would be me, since he can't connect)!

Cheers.

PS Any hope of connecting him soon or alternatively, providing him with a way to connect in the interim?

Remember, the only way to get him is on the blower at the mo (obviously).
sam
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi johnmglen,

I have created a ticket on your dads account detailing the dialup number he can use whilst the fault is ongoing.

There does not need to be any further action at your side at this point. You dad did agree to leave the equipment on for as long as possible, that should be all we need at this time.

Looking at the tests results, there are no apparent connection attenpts on your dads line since the 20th, do you know if the settings etc have been correctly configured since the migration? If you have any further info that may be useful, please add it to ticket 21382178.

I will monitor the fault and I will update the ticket as soon as we have any further info.
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

His details are correct, I have just re-entered them with him over the phone. His connection is still busted. i have put some more info on the ticket.

My inheritance is defo slipping away again as i recommended you lot and it doesn't work!! :lol: Please reinstate my future likelihood of ever having any money ASAP. Wink
sam
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi,

Well the fault is with BT, but there is nothing we can do until they complete their diagnostics. This will most likely be tomorrow morning.

I will keep checking and I will update the ticket as soon as we get any further details.
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

I note that you have told my Father to expect an engineer visit and to reply to your ticket.

I have already said many times that he cannot connect - either by Broadband or Dial up (he has no 56K dial up modem or cabling).

Can you please confirm that he is aware of this - i'm hoping that someone has phoned him??

Cheers
sam
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi johnmglen,

I have phoned your dad this morning and we have booked the engineer for the middle of next week.

He has also been receiving text messages from us when the tickets have been updated, so he has been kept informed.

I will not be in next week when the engineer is due out, so I will check on things on my return on Thursday.
johnmglen
Grafter

Please Help PN

Hi johnmglen,

He has also been receiving text messages from us when the tickets have been updated, so he has been kept informed.

Thanks, but texting my Dad is like trying to teach a apple to read a newspaper!

Hope he doesn't read this later...... :lol:
sam
Grafter

Please Help PN

Thanks, but texting my Dad is like trying to teach a apple to read a newspaper!

Hope he doesn't read this later......

LOL