cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Community Veteran
Posts: 1,139
Thanks: 4
Registered: 20-07-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

I'm trying to decide if I should opt out of LLU. Some people are clearly having significant problems but are these isolated or widespread? Please could those who have been LLU'd vote on whether they would recommend the change or not.

Thanks - Bob
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,139
Thanks: 4
Registered: 20-07-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Looks like forum votes are working again now so please could I have everyone's view on this.

Bob
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Well, you will not get a balanced view from me, but here it is:

I have been unable to hold a connection actively for more than a couple of minutes since I have been changed to LLU (about 8 weeks ago). I am now trying to be moved back to IPstream, which costs a lot of energy. Why?: I suspect there is no process within Plus Net that allow for this kind of regrade, so when my questions get occasionally looked at, CS still thinks that by tweaking things on the existing LLU "service", things will get better (and they never do).

I have not been notified nor have I consented to this migration. In other words, I do have a case for being moved back to IPstream. Imagine that things go pear-shaped after your consented migration to LLU: moving back will be impossible. My advice: don't go there, it's just too risky.

Kind regards,

M.
Superuser
Superuser
Posts: 2,484
Thanks: 190
Fixes: 5
Registered: 06-04-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

I've not been LLU'd, so can't really comment on that, but the nature of forums like this, you mainly get people coming here because they have a problem or a question, so chances are you are unlikely to get a totally unbias view from this poll, as many of the people with fully working LLU lines wont see it.

Just something to think about when viewing the results.

Phil
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

If you are considering or may consider leaving plusnet in the near future then be aware that it will cost you to move to another ISP not on their 'trial list' (whoever they are) and should you have problems with your connection you may have great difficulty getting plusnet to move you back to BTipstream.
They of course have assured us on numerous occasions that this would not be the case but then do you believe their assurances?
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Yes.













Just not with Plusnet + Tiscali :lol:
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,139
Thanks: 4
Registered: 20-07-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Quote
I've not been LLU'd, so can't really comment on that, but the nature of forums like this, you mainly get people coming here because they have a problem or a question, so chances are you are unlikely to get a totally unbias view from this poll, as many of the people with fully working LLU lines wont see it.

Just something to think about when viewing the results.

Phil

Maybe someone from plusnet could comment on the total number of people who have been LLU'd and what percentage have reported problems?

Bob
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

This from a customer:-

Hang on a minute, this is insane - PlusNet are prepared to pay customers £58 to leave them, but they won't pay £47 to keep those of us who have been moved to LLU and are furious and want to be moved back to BT?! Could someone from PlusNet please explain the logic of this? I am seriously confused.

----

Says it all doesn't it.
Once you're moved to LLU there's no telling how you will be treated whether you used the opt out or not.
Grimbo
Grafter
Posts: 397
Registered: 23-05-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

After several years of good connectivity - I have been down 3 times in the 10 days since I was LLUd to Tiscali. Twice for a day and once for 5 or 6 hours.

So, no... I wouldn't suggest that you LLU given a choice (which I wasn't).
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

My experience of LLU (none plusnet) was pleasent enough
holdtight
Grafter
Posts: 1,634
Registered: 15-06-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

This is something i would also like some clarification on too as my exchange has been tiscali enabled for some time now so long infact im surprised i havnt been changed over yet

What are the advantages and disadvantages to me going LLU regardless of the teething problems at the moment which will be ironed out as im talking long term

Are there any great benefits to going LLU long term or should i opt out and stay put on ipstream with BT ?

What do others feel about this without turning it into an LLU complaints post
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

I got LLU'd two and a half weeks ago, and have had NO connection at ANY time or ANY rate since.

Prior to that, I had 2 years of an ultra stable connection and flawless customer service from PN.

Those who have been upgraded have reported stability problems- often over the 10 days expected -and when the rates have stabilised, they've not been a huge leap up from 2MB. If you want to leave PN, you can't have a MAC code as they don't work with LLU, so going to another ISP WILL involve downtime.

I'd opt out NOW!

Paul
willhome
Grafter
Posts: 272
Registered: 06-08-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

90% of people will not be on this forum...


out of the people on this forum 95% will be here will be due to fact they have a problem the other 5% of forum members will be long members who come here all time with or without problems.

so if most people on this forums are having problems then you will have a bias poll results Smiley
Community Veteran
Posts: 1,139
Thanks: 4
Registered: 20-07-2007

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Quote
90% of people will not be on this forum...


out of the people on this forum 95% will be here will be due to fact they have a problem the other 5% of forum members will be long members who come here all time with or without problems.

so if most people on this forums are having problems then you will have a bias poll results Smiley

Point taken although there were some positive comment in amongst the DSLMax discussions (including my own).

If we can't get a balanced view here, how do those of us who are waiting to be LLU'd make up our minds?

Bob
N/A

Please Can I Have a Balanced View on LLU

Quote
Quote
90% of people will not be on this forum...


out of the people on this forum 95% will be here will be due to fact they have a problem the other 5% of forum members will be long members who come here all time with or without problems.

so if most people on this forums are having problems then you will have a bias poll results Smiley


I believe that PlusNet says that 8% to 10% of people moved to LLU have problems. They say that the number involved is a l,ower percentage than DSLMax problems.

Of course that's no comfort if you do have problems.

Foe me, I has a painless transition to Max and am on the LLU list. Due to line attenuation (58 to 63 dB) I have a reasonable speed of 3 mb/s on a 6 dB nFast Path profile. But Tiscalli usee 12 dB and interleaving. That would cut my speed way down, maybe to less than the 1 mb I had before Max.

Of courser if I were to be given a nice new line from home to exchange it would be different as I'm only 1.7 km away as the crow flies. I'd be fae happier with LLU and fixed high SNR if I was given a new line. Smiley