cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plea to PlusNet

N/A

Plea to PlusNet

Ok I can understand the packet shaping, monthly bandwidth limits, I don’t agree and don’t like them but I can understand it.

Just so I know I am right and I didn’t miss anything PN is currently doing all of these things to its customers:

1. Packet shaping 24/7 on the P2P ports
2. 100 GB Download limit per month
3. Expecting us to make sure we don’t download 30GB during peak times

I can accept the first two but the 3rd is god damn ridiculous! You provide us with a service, we pay for this service. You need to look out for the interests of all your customers but they should not mean that we all have to make sure we don’t download 30 GB within a peak hour or else we get a warning/56k speed for a 30 day period.

You peak times are like from 1pm – 3am Jesus Christ that is the time people want to use their internet why should we have to make sure we stick to 30Gb limit? If you can’t handle the load then invest in a new pipe. Yes it costs you something like 1.5 Million a year but you would subsequently get more customers due to your current customers giving good feedback from a good service.

I signed up like 90% of your other customers with the “Unlimited” and no T&C or FUP policies and now find it’s all changed for the worse. I wont ague you need to have some sort of FUP and back before I signed up I asked people and they all said “You can download 130GB a month without having to worry” now its down to 100Gb. That’s ok I guess it’s rare I download that much but I do sometimes, but the 30GB during peak times… You have to change this if you want to actually get more customers.

Sorry if this sounds hostile or like a rant but I am extreme annoyed at all the changes but most of all this 30GB during peak times silliness.

If a PN official could please reply to this thread I would be greatful.
45 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

Peak time usage is what affects us the most, as we pay for the capacity. It doesn't make economic sense to us to allow a very small minority of users to use a very significant amount of this capacity.

What we have done in the last few days is not new however, we have been contacting heavy usage customers for some time now. All we have done is made this criteria public.

Please remember that it isn't a case of "you can't download more than 30GB at peak times", because you can. If, however, you do this consistantly then you will be contacted by us.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

What we have done in the last few days is not new however, we have been contacting heavy usage customers for some time now. All we have done is made this criteria public.

where was my email? im a high usage customer and i was never informed, i was just given strike 1 of 3, that isn't fair! If i'd of been contacted previously stating that if i dont bring down my downloads that i'll be limited i would of been good, but since i didn't know otherwise its not right.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

The email you will have been sent about this includes a link to the relevant FAQs.

If we had not announced this, you still would have been contacted by us and the same action would have been taken. All we have done now is let people know about these profiles and the usage patterns that lead to them.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

Please remember that it isn't a case of "you can't download more than 30GB at peak times", because you can. If, however, you do this consistantly then you will be contacted by us.

Ok ... now I'm getting more confused.

I thought that if I go over 100Gig usage a month or used 30Gig per month I would get a warning email. If I get two warning email I'm on the "bab boy pipe". If I went over 100Gig a month and 30Gig at peak I would automatically be on "peak bad boys pipe".

I must be stupid because these new caps are as clear as mud.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

wouldn't if of been nice to give high usage users a warning before persecuting them instantly?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

If you use over 30GB at peak time in two out of the last three months (i.e. not just one month) then depending on your total usage, one of three things can happen.

* If your total is under 100GB then you are warned, but no further action is taken
* If your total is over 100GB but less than 150GB you are placed on the peak time managed profile.
* If your total is over 150GB then you are placed on the 24/7 managed profile.

Again, this has to apply for at least two of the last three months, and all the figures I have quoted assume that you have a 2MB Premier account.

Please see The FAQ for a detailed description.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

I still find this a terrible way to treat paying customers, I understand and agree with the 100GB a month policy but the rest... no.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

Ben, I've been literally following you around from thread to thread since Dave doesn't appear to be around today and you both haven't really addressed my points. Can you please take the time to look and comment as I think they raise important points.

I certainly have not receieved any such warning, and as such I feel to immediately impose these restrictions is somewhat unreasonable. Let me remind you what warning means:

Warning:
1. An intimation, threat, or sign of impending danger or evil.
2. 1. Advice to beware.
2. Counsel to desist from a specified undesirable course of action.
3. A cautionary or deterrent example.

If you have been contacting customers for some time then I fell that you are fully within your rights to act, but only as long as they were warned. I was not warned, as were many other people.

If you feel that this was my own responsibility to check on every little change that is made then may I remind you that ethically the onus is on Plus.Net to inform customers. Plus.Net is well within it's rights to change it's T&C, but customers must be kept informed. Luckily for Plus.Net I have not kept all emails received but I'm sure someone has and they can prove that you have done no such thing.

Previously I didn't need any help from Plus.Net as my connection was fine. Only when I had problems did I then consult the help section of the website to find some interesting additions had been made that I was none the wiser to.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

The action we have taken can be considered a warning, as in this instance you can be removed from the managed profile that you are currently on.

Copies of all the emails we send can be seen via the Contact Us tool, just choose the option to view all queries.
Sandro
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

Copies of all the emails we send can be seen via the Contact Us tool, just choose the option to view all queries.

Which copies, which emails?
Your customers are saying they NEVER received any emails...
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Plea to PlusNet

All the customers who have met the criteria described here have been emailed about this.
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

The action we have taken can be considered a warning, as in this instance you can be removed from the managed profile that you are currently on.

Which copies, which emails?
Your customers are saying they NEVER received any emails...

I didn't receive a warning.

Can we all be treated like twomuchtime please?
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

All the customers who have met the criteria described here have been emailed about this.

okay, you posted that whilst I was typing my previous post, but I've just checked the email I received regarding the change of T&C and the 'Summary of changes' - which I assumed to be a summary, and it doesn't expressly mention a sustainable usage policy, nor a link like to the guide above.

It does however, say "Reinforcement of our commitment to giving you 'reasonable notice' of any changes, upgrades or alterations to the service."

Isn't downgrading to 67kbps a change in service? why weren't customers given reasonable notice?
N/A

Plea to PlusNet

67Kb is within advertised contention ratios. So is it outside of the advertised service?