cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned maintenance on ftp servers overrunning?

Stuart22
Grafter

Still can't upload to ftp server, is the maintenance due to end at 0800 this morning overrunning?
10 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've just uploaded some files to my personal space with no issues. What sort of error message are you getting if any? Can you establish the connection but cannot transfer files?
Stuart22
Grafter

Running remotely currently, can use windows ftp explorer OK but camera upload programs, even when restarted, are coming up with FTP error 1033 type errors. Might need to reboot/reconnect.
Stuart22
Grafter

Still failing, looks like logon details have been deleted from ftp2.plus.net or else ftp2 is still down.. Have resorted to ftp.plus.net seems to be OK.
N/A

Trying to upload with ftp

I've been trying all morning to upload/ overwrite 13000 files in my webspace

Couldn't make any headway so decided to delete the whole directory

After lots of attempts, I managed to delete the directory with the 13,000 files in

Now I'm trying to upload the replacement 13,000 files

It got to 50 and then started to wait in passive mode

ooops while I've been typing this, I've been trying to ftp in another window and it's now started working

I don't know really whether I should submit this comment

However, I've just spent over 2hrs trying to initiate a process that should only take minutes - that's 2 hrs wasted

Maybe it should be put up as a matter of public record :-(

So here goes for submit
Stuart22
Grafter

I.ve been getting passive mode errors and destination full errors as well
pjemmanuel
Grafter

Still failing, looks like logon details have been deleted from ftp2.plus.net or else ftp2 is still down.. Have resorted to ftp.plus.net seems to be OK.

Having the same problem myself - ftp is OK, but ftp2 is stating "530 Login Incorrect", which is a shame because I seem to have lots of trouble using Frontpage to ftp into the ftp server, but always runs sweet to the ftp2 server.
N/A

Finally got the files uploaded!

I finally got the files uploaded but it took all day and part of the evening.

I occasionally watched the upload and, at times, it seemed to have slowed to a crawl, like a file every few seconds.

I rarely do anything with this isp webspace and I don't think the experience of the last couple of days is likely to encourage me to do more with it.
Stuart22
Grafter

I've been advised that ftp2 is a backup server for temporary troubleshooting - I had been migrated onto it after bother with ftp but now migrated back. The strange errors on ftp.plus.net seem to have stopped now. It normally is quite reliable though.
Stuart22
Grafter

Spoke too soon back to passive errors again. Have been advised to change to active mode though can't get remote access to my PC at present. I thought only passive mode worked with adsl and firewalls?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I don't know enough to go into any detail, but active does work with a firewall and NAT because I use it all the time (for one reason or another I always seemed to find problems with passive with my router).