Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pie in the 'Sky'

lenseman
Grafter

Pie in the 'Sky'

Well, were to start.........

I have just narrowly escaped migrating to Sky Broadband.

My Mac code was sent and everything seemed to be going alright, my exchange is LLU active for Sky and I was looking forward to experiencing higher speed, reduced fees etc.

I then heard that some customers were having problems with e-mails, others were being disconnected from their old ISP and spending days and in some cases weeks with no connection. Others were being changed over before receiving their router from Sky.

I decided to have a chat with Sky about the progress of my order, the findings are interesting.
After waiting the mandatory twenty minutes before speaking to an actual ‘Person’ I asked about my account and was placed on hold. Unfortunately rather than music or even silence I was forced to endure a high pitched series of pips. Not to be put of I hung onto the connection for approx. eight minutes before a reply was forthcoming. I was informed there had been a problem, there was a marker on my line. That would be the one from Plusnet, the very reason that I supplied the MAC to enable it to be removed. I was told that they would have to request the removal of this marker to enable them to proceed with the order, (Isn’t that what migration and MAC codes are all about?) this would take a further ten days.
I then asked would there be any delay in change over, I was informed that this was a possibility but it would only be a few day!!

By this time the alarm bells were ringing louder than the annoying pip’s I endured whilst on hold. I the said that due to the lack of communication from Sky, coupled to the total lack of knowledge about the system the person I was talking to had, I decided to cancel, “I am afraid I cant do that.” was the reply “You will have to call another number.”

By now my will to live was diminishing by the minute. I called the ‘other’ number and proceeded to wait for another twenty minutes, eventually I did get through to a member of staff and I did manage to cancel the migration. Sky just don’t seem able to organise the proverbial party in a Brewery, I have endured pathetic customer service from Plusnet but this was worse than that! After just over an hour on the phone my escape was complete.

So for the time being I am stuck with this shower.

I now I have to spend time looking for yet another ISP, it is only the constant lies and spin that is making me go. I am still disgusted with 'Mad Marco' and the way he seems to disregard paying customers.

Has long as he is a part of Plusnet I want OUT.

John B.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Pie in the 'Sky'

Heh, you just have to hope and pray that Sky don't go ahead and use your MAC 'by mistake' now!

Hopefully they removed it from their system when you cancelled your account, but one never knows what levels of incompetance can be reached without a little bit of effort. Wink
lenseman
Grafter

Pie in the 'Sky'

If they are successful fair enough, Incompetence I am used to, I have been with Plusnet over two years.

Has I said before, if 'Mad Marco' is here I don't want to be..........
N/A

Pie in the 'Sky'

He does have a way with words doesn't he!
lenseman
Grafter

Pie in the 'Sky'

So do I, unfortunately the one I use to describe him keeps getting censored by the wankers who runs these forums. :lol:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Pie in the 'Sky'

I moved to SkyBB last week and I have to say that my experience has been the exact oposite of what you have described.

On giving them my MAC key, they told me the exact date my connection would be changed over to them. The changeover occured exactly as promised. My router and two wireless USB adaptors were delivered in plenty of time. (I had to ask them to send a third one as the Post Office helped themselves to one).

After connecting the equipment I got an immediate increase of 500kbps above anything I ever got with PN. I called support about an initial issue with setting up the USB adaptors and the techie sat on the phone with me for an hour and 20 minutes sorting it out without any rushing or impatience.

During the same phonecall he voluntarily carried out a speed test on my line while we were waiting for my puter to reboot. He told me that the 2MB connection speed was way below what I should expect or diserve from their service and immediately raised a ticket with BT to check out the exchange. I told the guy that up until now I had NEVER had a connction speed faster than 1500kbps and that my previous ISP said it was because of my distance from the line. The techie said that although this can have SOME effect, there was obviously more going on than just the distance and they would get it sorted.

My speed is currently creeping up over the days and am now getting almost 1MBps faster than I ever had with PN.

I can't fault that kind of customer support. The longest I've had to wait in the phone queue was 20 minutes on a Saturday afternoon. On two other occasions a techie has answered within 4 rings of the phone.

I'm sorry to hear about your woes. I don't know if you were unlucky or I was lucky.
Laugh
Grafter

Pie in the 'Sky'

Sigh! Sad I remember when PN Support used to be like that.