cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone sockets

N/A

Phone sockets

Hello,
I know I'm jumping the gun a bit as I'm still waiting for the starter pack, but I have a quick question. The person who owned my place b4 must have been a lazy git 'cos there's phone sockets sprouting from all manner of places, the lounge has a dbl socket which I can leave the phone line in and my 56k modem @ the same time (the phone will work as long as I'm not connected to my isp and visa-versa)will this cause any probs with the splitter? (btw there's also a phone line in every other room)

Many thanks
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Phone sockets

> Hello,
> I know I'm jumping the gun a bit as I'm still waiting for the starter pack, but I have a quick question. The person who owned my place b4 must have been a lazy git 'cos there's phone sockets sprouting from all manner of places, the lounge has a dbl socket which I can leave the phone line in and my 56k modem @ the same time (the phone will work as long as I'm not connected to my isp and visa-versa)will this cause any probs with the splitter? (btw there's also a phone line in every other room)
>
> Many thanks
>

In short you will need a phone splitter for every plug that is in use! So your double socket in the lounge just plug your phone and adsl router/modem into the one splitter (you can use the both at the same time as before), but if you want to use the other socket you will need another splitter.

Hope this helps Cheesy
N/A

RE: Phone sockets

> > Hello,
> > I know I'm jumping the gun a bit as I'm still waiting for the starter pack, but I have a quick question. The person who owned my place b4 must have been a lazy git 'cos there's phone sockets sprouting from all manner of places, the lounge has a dbl socket which I can leave the phone line in and my 56k modem @ the same time (the phone will work as long as I'm not connected to my isp and visa-versa)will this cause any probs with the splitter? (btw there's also a phone line in every other room)
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
>
> In short you will need a phone splitter for every plug that is in use! So your double socket in the lounge just plug your phone and adsl router/modem into the one splitter (you can use the both at the same time as before), but if you want to use the other socket you will need another splitter.
>
> Hope this helps Cheesy

It certainly does,
Cheers for that offordandsons.