Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Playing up? Warning

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Be warned that BT will offer to divert incoming calls to your mobile if you phone is playing up. What they won't tell you is you may lose your ADSL connection.

My sons phone had a crackle on it - He phoned BT who said they could divert incoming calls to his mobile until it was fixed. Now he can only sync with the exchange and will have to wait 2 to 4 days to be reconnected to his ISP.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

:shock: Thx for the heads up!
OldDave
Grafter

Crackle is usually sign of Line Fault if you do nothing line will eventually fail totally
But before it fails totally it will effect your broadband connection and maybe speed

So if you've got a crackle report it before you go on Hols
Alecto
Grafter

Reporting a crackle on the voice line is a good way of getting them to rewire your connection, hopefully improving the attenuation and letting you get 24Mb. :lol:

But unless it's the phone itself, it's best fixed sooner rather than later. If you leave it the line is bound to fail completely just when you desperately need your broadband.
LiamM
Grafter

I have a divert set up on one of my lines and it works fine.
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

We know what causes a crackle, that was not the subject I was raising. If you take BT's offer to divert your voice calls they will disconnect your broadband connection and then you will have to go through your ISP to get it connected again.

Crackle is usually sign of Line Fault if you do nothing line will eventually fail totally
But before it fails totally it will effect your broadband connection and maybe speed

So if you've got a crackle report it before you go on Hols