cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Package goes Live tomorrow - But where's the info ???

Laugh
Grafter

Tomorrow's the day! The Phone Packages go live and I must admit to being interested. Never thought I was into self inflicted pain, and it has come as something of a shock :shock: .

But where's the info PlusNet. I last had an e-mail saying
It’s the same price as line rental from BT but the calls are cheaper. Switch to PlusNet home phone from July 4th.

Register your interest now or find out more - http://www.plus.net/go.html/phone_register_1206/08mrmpjMkHke

There's no commitment to buy, and we'll send you more details about this great money-saving package.

Please don’t call our sales and support team to find out more. All currently available information is on our web site in our line rental FAQ (click link above to view these).

What about the info about how you transfer?
How much will it cost to keep certain facilities like Caller ID?
etc etc etc Huh

I have been told that caller ID is £1.50 a month, but where does it say this. It says not to contact the helpdesk because they don't know anything more than is on the website, but there are huge holes on the website and there always has been. This product is apparently going live tomorrow, but I think I might wait and see what tales of woe are recorded on the forums first...... :?
20 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Phone Package goes Live tomorrow - But where's the info

It’s the same price as line rental from BT but the calls are cheaper........

BT provides some features for free- "BT Answer 1571" & "Caller Display" via "BT Privacy at Home"- which Plusnet have indicated that they are to charge for.

Anybody wishing to retain those services when transferring from BT Option 1 to PlusTalk Anytime, would pay a higher rental for line and services with Plusnet, than with BT.
N/A

Also how many peopel actually use BT for calls, will PN allow the use of 3rd party suppliers?
Community Veteran

Ive got that BT Privacy thing which is great for me. I won't be switching, imagine if you had a problem with the bill and needed to speak to support. Maybe in a few months...who knows.
Community Veteran

N/A

is Privacy at Home free on any BT together product? I though you had to have at least BT together Option 2/3 to qualify for free Privacy at Home.
Community Veteran

BT Privacy is free on all packages, if you want to find out more then click here
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

BT Privacy is little more than free CLI and signing up to the TPS, as an option, at the same time.

TPS is entirely independent, and if you're already signed up via BT Privacy, your preference with them will be retained - it is nothing to do with your phone line, but a code of practice for anyone involved in direct marketing. If you're not signed up to it, you can do so directly with them, regardless of who handles your calls,

So, it boils down to a free CLI - and so will depend upon PN pricing. I'm at £26/mnth for line rental, Anytime calls, CLI, TPS, anserwing service and ACR. This means that PN will have to charge over £11 for CLI, voicemail & ACR.

I suspect they will be less than this - maybe by quite a bit.

Neil
Laugh
Grafter

The info for it is at:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44989

Thanks for this but it still doesn't answer the question of how much the options cost. It's a marketing spreadsheet that looks flash but doesn't answer any real questions.

And fa55dsl has a very valid point about how you would handle a problem and contacting support. Imagine waiting over an hour on a mobile - or piling 10p pieces into a phone box at the corner of the road (do we still have them?)

Come on PN..... What's what here.
Community Veteran

The prices have always been available

Anytime is £11
Anytime+ is £15
N/A

Dave Tomlinson gave the following details regarding calling features, on ADSL Guide:

The advanced calling features like 1571, call minder, call waiting, anonymous call rejection and call divert will be trialled free of charge until 1st September. After that date prices will be between £1 and £1.50 per month for each item.

3 Way Calling, Reminder Call, Ring Back, 1471 Last Caller Number, 1471 Call Return, Number Withold 141, 1471 Erasure - 1475 are included as standard.

(Note: some items may have per call/usage charges).

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Customer Support

ADSL Guide thread
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Phone Package goes Live tomorrow - But where's the info

What about the info about how you transfer?

Hi,

For anyone that's pre-registered we intend to send a mail out with further information once the rollout is complete. The launch tomorrow will include updated help files and information which will answer questions like how you transfer, how long it takes, etc. as well as the costs of the the different facilities.

How much will it cost to keep certain facilities like Caller ID?

Initially you will be able to trial the advanced calling options like Caller ID, 1571, call waiting, anonymous call rejection and call divert for free until 1st September. After that date each feature will cost between £1 and £1.50 each per month.

3 Way Calling, Reminder Call, Ring Back, 1471 Last Caller Number, 1471 Call Return, Number Withold 141, 1471 Erasure - 1475 are included as standard.

(Note: some items may have per call/usage charges).
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Also how many peopel actually use BT for calls, will PN allow the use of 3rd party suppliers?

Yes, you can use a third party for the calls if you wish and just pay the line rental charges to ourselves.
N/A

I Maybe in a few months...who knows.

I am going along with sentiment for a while and wait and see, because to be honest I feel there is a bit of "jumping on the bandwagon" here, and although Plusnet are more than adequate for my broadband needs I am not willing to trust them with my telephone service...... I lose my internet connection then that is nothing more than a minor annoyance I have back up facilities in place to handle emails etc...... I lose my phone and that is a different kettle of fish entirely.The record for correcting faults has I am afraid deteriorated over the last few years and would prefer to leave my telephone with BT who will in the event of my phoneline going down will free of charge transfer my calls to a nominated mobile phone, and keep me posted as to progress which is something that has been lacking of late from Plusnet regarding my internet connection and a shiver goes down my spine at the thoughts of what could happen to a phone connection...... as I said a few months down the road when the bugs have hopefully been ironed out; I have seen a suitable ammount of feedback in the forums then maybe I will give it some thought, but I certainly won't be signing up tomorrow.To that end I have voted no in the poll.
N/A

The trouble is, there is very little good feed back in these forums