Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal use Broadband in Biz Premesis

craigbrass
Grafter

Hello,

I have an aunt who has Biz broadband with you that she uses in the upstairs (what she refers to it as, "Living Quarters") for personal use and not for biz use. The permesis is a pub in a small village you see.

In these curcumstances, I think PN should allow residential broadband to be requested.

Best Regards,
Craig Brass
7 REPLIES
N/A

why cant she? if she is making no direct proffit from the site what will PN do? how will they KNOW its a biz site, surly it could just be a lodger etc etc, why did she TELL them it was a biz?
N/A

Probably because it will be provisioned on a business line and for some reason Plus Net do not like that.

I think this area needs a bit of flexibility.

I may have read somewhere that they allowed a farmer to have a residential product on what was in effect a business line. So maybe a precedent has been set.

Perhaps a PM to Dave T might shed more light.
craigbrass
Grafter

The line is a residential line (as its only used for personal calls), but the premesis are Business Registed and hence PN flagging it when signing up for residential.
N/A

Ah! Understood. I still think a little chat with some of the Comms team might be worth a try.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

The line is a residential line (as its only used for personal calls), but the premesis are Business Registed and hence PN flagging it when signing up for residential.

Hi Craig,

We can get around this by altering the record in our postcode database. Alternatively, when registering there is an option to choose to say your address is not present in the list of suggestions (even if it is) that allows you to enter your details manually.

Your Aunt should raise a ticket on her account explaining the situation with a clear indication of the account she would like to move to.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

LiamM
Grafter

One of my referrals is in exactly the same situation as you. However, I signed them up to Broadband PAYG back in August with no problem at all... on a Business Line.
N/A

Doesn't matter one hoot if its a biz line or not, its if it is registed as a biz address or not.

Ticket submitted Bob, ID is 16828674.