cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peer 2 Peer limits If I upgrade

mjtuohy
Grafter

The title says It all really. My son wants to use more p2p and I wondered If I upgrade to up to 4 mb at £29.99. Will the P2P clean limit be more than the 20 gig I have now. Thanks in advance all. :roll:
8 REPLIES
N/A

Indeed,

You will be allowed 30GB of P2P traffic inside of peak time as it stands.

and if you choose the £39.99 package that would be 40GB.

Regards,
N/A

Hi there,

This info from the UserGroup explains the various allowances in some detail.

As you will see the current clean to allowance for the £29.99 Premier product is 30GB per month.

Hope that helps.
Community Veteran

FYI: PN have indicated on several forums that they are in the process or reviewing the product set so you may want to hold off making any changes until that information is released. When this will be I don't know yet, it was due out Monday this week but this has been delayed, probably until next week now.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Thanks for all your replys guys. Sorry I didn't answer earlier but I was taking the dog for a walk. I think I will wait untill the anouncement from PN before I do anything. Never know, might save me some money Tongue
N/A

The limits when the anouncement is made will only get smaller you just wait and see (another nail in the plusnet coffin)

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceeding post removed as it is unnecessary and against the rules]
N/A

Thanks pcsni, I have never seen that SUP Calc before. It makes things a little clearer for me but can you explain this:

I have now moved to another provider. I was on the Premier 21.99 product and my monthly usuage was around 12GB and I would say about 3 or 4GB of this was P2P but my speeds were always below 13kb/s.

I know that P2P is dependant on people sharing and other factors but since moving provider I am now getting speeds of 130kb/s during peak.

Could there have been some kind of restriction on my line by mistake?
suec45
Grafter

You can download more than 20gb of P2p stuff it will just start to slow down after 20gb.

You can download 30gb between 8am and 12am (midnight) and a total of 100gb if you keep it off peak.

Therefore you could leave your P2P on all night after 12 and switch it off in the morning around 8am and you should get everything you want.

I am a heavy user but my usage is only around 10gb a week (almost all off peak tho) I would say I download a lot of stuff and use the net a lot.

The fact is that if you are not using the bandwidth at peak times then you are not causing any problem for Plusnet as there is slack at the less busy times. I would just schedule your downloads and stay on Premier Up to 2mb.

The real problem users for plusnet are the ones who push up the peak time bandwidth as they have to buy in more pipes to cope, while there is lots spare overnight as most are in bed.
Discostoo
Grafter

The 20GB(or 30GB if you upgrade) is never clean just "less prioritised..." my advice is to schedule your downloads for 12am-8am instead. Smiley