cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peaks hours? Caps? Premier, what the hell is going on now!

N/A

Well i have not visted this forum since all the drama of two users being banned but it appears on browsing that limits have changed again and the peak hours have changed.

Am i still allowed 30gb peak (4pm -12am) and 100gb overall for my broadband premier package.

Can someone confirm this for me?

Thank you.
10 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Yes, you are still allowed that under the SUP. However, if you're wanting to download large ammounts of p2p/nntp/ftp traffic, then only the first 20gb will run at high speed during the peak hours, and then it will start to slow down.
N/A

Alright mate, thats good news as i never need to download anything large during peak hours and am happy to work around them regarding my p2p usage.
N/A

Unfortunately the peak hours for p2p/nntp/ftp at the moment are 8am - midnight, but if what I have read is correct that should be aligned to the SUP soon.
N/A

Just thought it should be pointed out that the 20gb for p2p\usenet\ftp is currently over an 8am-midnight peak, although Plusnet plan to bring it back to 4pm-midnight some time in feb. SUP is still 4pm-midnight though.
N/A

hi all

i just had a reply to my ticket about peak times

And there is nothing to say that we will be altering our peak times again.

Regards,
Link:CUAremoved

so are the peaks time going to be set at 4pm till midnight

Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): CSC Agents name removed as per the forum rules]
Bernard_Shakey
Grafter

And there is nothing to say that we will be altering our peak times again
so are the peaks time going to be set at 4pm till midnight

I've asked this question in another thread, but did not get a definite "yes" I got a very politician like ""should" go back to 4pm-midnight".

Am I paranoid, or does changing the VMBU to show 8-4 & 4-12 seem like an awful lot of trouble to go to for "allegedly" only one month?

FWIW, I don't think it'll change back in Feb, if at all. Why would they - can anyone say "short & curlies"

PLUSNET - more to hide than a barrel full of Lib-Dem leaders.

maybe my sig should read ISP instead of Music... Wink

Dave...heavy user...man...
N/A

If I host an FTP site on my PC and people are taking files FROM it will their usage eat into my allowance or is it just stuff i GET from FTP? This mainly happens between 8am - 4pm so I'm getting a little worried that I might get traffic managed.
trentboy
Grafter

Just remember that the 20GB allowance has a different peak hour window than the SUP. the SUP is between 16:00 and 00:00 but the 20GB p2p,usenet and FTP allowance is from 08:00 - 00:00.
N/A

yep.. but does it apply to uploads too? I guess so huh? Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Uploads and downloads are counted - tough