cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak times now suxx big time

N/A

Dunno what PN are playing at again but this "traffic shaping" messing about is now slowing my conn down big time ! ive stayed with this isp through change s of bloody ideas and services and now it looks like if we want it cheap , we gonna get it slow , if this is gonna be peak time speeds from now on 6-7 k/sec then not many peeps , me included are gonna stay as this is ridiculous.
just done a speed test anmd got zero , lol , has been running fine until a few weeks ago, but now at peak times is crap, but ok at others .

mugged again ! nice one

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All caps title made lower case. Please refrain from posting in all caps.
19 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Where did you do your speed test? I've just conducted one on ADSLGuide & got 1875Kb/s on a 2Mb connection
N/A

Testing on PNs speed test and cant d/load anything from anywhere at mopre than 30 k/sec , this isnt the first time its slowed up like this during peak in last weeks but seems fine early morning or late eve !
N/A

ever considered it being your exchange? Only problems I get during peak times are terrible pings.
N/A

413 down 258 on adsl guide on 2 meg !! suxxx big time IMO was even worse an hour ago , never this slow when i paid 39.99 what i coincidence ! not
N/A

if you are on a premier account, then raise a contact us ticket to check that they havent put the wrong profile on your account.

My speeds have been crap for a week and today plus changed the wrong profile to the right one and my speeds are back to normalish

may be worth a try
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Ok, on the PN speedtest I've just got 1951.4 Kb/s, perhaps you should be looking closer to home for your problems, as Steve says, it could be your exchange running out of capacity.
N/A

Weird Steve exchange shows green and never been like this previous , just gets hit like this and really gets in my T***S
N/A

Exchange is Dudley Hill and is well in the green tbh
N/A

Im on 2 meg prem so gonna raise ticket prolly wrong profile as above guy said, not the first mistake PN have made with my acct , gettin sick of all mistakes tbh , very frustrating
N/A

ianphillips

are you on a premier account?

if you are do what i suggested plusnet incorrectly put 2000 people on the wrong profile, it only slows you down at peak times!
N/A

Maybe running a BT speed test would be worth a try. Normal speeds on that would put the ball fairly and squarely in Plus nets court.

Might be worth a go before raising a ticket.
N/A

running bt speedtest shows correct speed - so effectively rules out your pc etc.

my bt speedtest was perfect - raise the ticket or ring them and ask them to check - it is the only logical thing that has happened recently

btw it took me 7 days to get them to sort it
N/A

I did a BT speed test during times when I was getting around 1300-1500kbps on PlusNet's service, and on BT's speed test service I was getting full 1840kbps (around), always above like 1770kbps on all the BT ones.

So that shows there it wasn't my exchange or anything
N/A

163 kbps on BT speedtest , tickets going in , looks like BT not PN fer change