cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak times for P2P

simonh
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

Peak time is measured as 8am to midnight, seven days a week, while we are using a semi-automated system. By February 2006 we plan to reduce peak time back down to 4pm-midnight, to match SUP peak-time, once we have our fully-automated solution in place.

Is this still the case? Will the peak times for P2P be reduced in February?
10 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

That's what we would like to do. I'm not sure how "on target" the work is at the moment, I'll try and find out for you today.
simonh
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

Thanks Ben. Any news? (sorry about the delay in replying, busy weekend Wink )
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any more info on Friday, however I will be asking again today to see if I can get an answer for you.
N/A

Peak times for P2P

I hope this is true... I have been checking my bandwidth every day and it isn't fun at all...
simonh
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

Still no news on this? It's February soon, and I've been put on level 1 management for P2P (although I'm only over by a gig or two). If the P2P peak time is set back to what it should be, I'll be ok in future. If not, I'll have to look at other options.
N/A

Peak times for P2P

Still no news on this? It's February soon, and I've been put on level 1 management for P2P (although I'm only over by a gig or two). If the P2P peak time is set back to what it should be, I'll be ok in future. If not, I'll have to look at other options.
hi there i would look at other opions if i was you i exceeded the third level of the Broadband Premier usage by a few gig from 8am to minnight being cap when you only aloud 20 git between these times in one month and what ever you want between minnight and 8 am what i load of crap i now looking to go to another isp 4 of my friends have left psnet throught this i hope they lose more maybe that teach them to cap people// mark
simonh
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

I'll wait until I get an answer to my original question from someone at Plusnet. It can't be that hard to find out. The only reason I've stuck around is that it was said that p2p peak times would be brought in line with SUP peak times. I've changed my usage like a good boy, but this 8am-midnight peak time is a bit harsh when the SUP peak time is 4pm-midnight.

Edit HERE is a kind of answer to my question. Let's see what happens.
JonathanW
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

We are still intending to reduce the peak time for Clean To back to 4pm - Midnight, to fit in with the SUP, but no set date is currently available for this.
simonh
Grafter

Peak times for P2P

Thanks jon. You type too fast. Cheesy
N/A

Peak times for P2P

We are still intending to reduce the peak time for Clean To back to 4pm - Midnight, to fit in with the SUP, but no set date is currently available for this.

So basically whenever you guys feel like it then Wink

Seriously though, is it too much to expect a rough date, i've only stuck around til now because I was hoping peak time would be back at 4-12 next month...i'm sure there are many others who feel the same!