cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak time on weekends

N/A

Peak time on weekends

When did weekends start being split between peak and offpeak?
Maybe I missed some small print somewhere, but weren't weekends classed as offpeak? I just did 5GB (sunday) thinking that this would be offpeak, only to hit capping.

Looking around the support pages, I find this under the sustainable use guide:
Peak-time is 4pm - Midnight. Peak-times and bandwidth values may change over time as usage patterns change.

Perhaps it should be made clear that this no longer applies only to moday-friday.
Also, how about sending a nice, clear email out when changes are made to the peak times and allowances? It took me long enough finding out that the times were changed to 4-12 in the first place, another month or two to discover that even weekends are no longer good for downloading.
Finding out beforehand would have been a lot nicer than having to scramble around looking for answers after my account gets crippled.
6 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Re: Peak time on weekends

Perhaps it should be made clear that this no longer applies only to moday-friday.

No consolation I know, but weekends have never been off-peak with Pn as far as I can recall. The peak time hours have always applied 7 days a week (though they have varied the hours themselves a bit)
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Re: Peak time on weekends

No consolation I know, but weekends have never been off-peak with Pn

Not only that, but if anything weekends would be more likely to be peak time throughout, rather than offpeak. Remember, PlusNet's peaktime is intended to reflect when the Internet is busiest for them, not normal working hours. That means evenings & weekends.

Neil
Eserim
Rising Star

Peak time on weekends

Well I've NEVER seen any mention that the times apply for weekdays only;

"Broadband Plus is designed for 3GB usage at peak times (4pm - midnight) per month."

and

"There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 3GB usage each month at 4pm-Midnight. "

and on PAYG

"Free usage between midnight and 8am"

and Premier

"Usage is calculated from all traffic through your connection between 4pm-Midnight daily."

So, what are weekends? Clarification needed please

Chris
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Peak time on weekends

Sorry if that confused things Wink

Peak is the same 7 days a week.

I was only saying that if weekends were different, which they are not, it would be logical that they would be peak due to usage patterns. Thankfully, weekends are the same as any other day, right now.

--
Neil
N/A

Peak time on weekends

"There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 3GB usage each month at 4pm-Midnight. "

Where did you get this on the plus.net website? The bit about "There is no usage cap"? I see "no fixed download limits", but not a "there is no usage cap".
N/A

Peak time on weekends

It's from: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/product_improvements_apr2006.shtml

Which does state:

"There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 3GB of usage each month between 4pm-midnight. Once your usage exceeds the product design, your downloads and surfing will get progressively slower until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset."