cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak hours too long?

N/A

Peak hours too long?

Just read the so called fait useage policy, and peak times are 4pm to 12pm, surely 12pm is too long for peak times? Even Tiscali who i left claimed peak times to be between 5pm and 10pm, and they are an awful ISP.
14 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peak hours too long?

It's 4pm to 12am, i.e 1600 - midnight. This is considerably shorter than 4pm to 12pm.
N/A

Peak hours too long?

OK ill reword it.

Plusnet 1600 to midnight

Tiscali - 1700 to 2200
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Peak hours too long?

Peak time is when our network is busiest. I can't comment on other ISP's as I have no idea when their networks are busiest.

People in these forums asked us to publish the times when our network were busy, and this is what we have done.
Community Veteran

Peak hours too long?

I think everyone knew what you meant by your original message, it appears some people enjoy being "clever".
I agree the peak hours do seem long by a couple of hours... And I for one don’t think plus net users keep different hours to the rest of the UK internet.

Do I detect an element of facetiousness about Mr. Browns responses? If so it is uncalled for your original post was entirely reasonable.
N/A

Peak hours too long?

it would appeaer from other posters that this is not a 1 off,

surely most people are thinking about better things than surfing at 11pm.?
N/A

Peak hours too long?

Yes, like waiting to start their downloads - especially when some of us do not work 9-5 and have to be up very early for work. But that's personal so lets stick to general, and I too think the peak time hours are excessive. Did mobile phone companies not used to let their customers decide certain hours when they could use their phones at cheap rate. Maybe some room for flexibilty along that road instead of the present intransigent position.
mike001
Grafter

Peak hours too long?

Looking at this it seams peak time is about the same as Tiscali - 1700 to 2200
and not Plusnets 1600 to midnight but I could be reading the graph wrong
some one will put me right I am shore :lol:

http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/adsl_utilisation.shtml
shellsong
Grafter

Peak hours too long?

It looks to me as though the actual peak for Premier has been pushed over to about 1:00am with a spread of about two hours on either side!

I'm sure it used to be around 11:00pm before PlusNet started harassing its customers-- and Premier is clearly the main bandwidth user so would influence the stats the most

Btw I find it fascinating that the uploads seem to be pretty constant no matter what the time of day on Premier-- are they maxed out by any chance? Aren't they being "shaped" like the downloads?
N/A

Peak hours too long?

It's 4pm to 12am, i.e 1600 - midnight. This is considerably shorter than 4pm to 12pm.

well congratulations for making a simple typo into a entirely unnecessary dig at your customer.
I know getitonbangagong said it already, but he/she is absolutely right, totally uncalled for.

And we are told by the mods to keep posts constructive and unoffensive.... It seems like you're breaking your own rules...

one rule for us, one for you eh :roll:
N/A

Peak hours too long?

Careful northernbeauty or you will also discover that honesty is not the best policy on these boards. There are 2 emails to fear:

1) re your usage
2) being honest on the boards

:roll:

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Full quote of preceding post removed as it is unnecessary]
Community Veteran

Peak hours too long?

Oh and then there are the private messages and public postings telling you that you arent allowed to make a posting that quotes the one above it... You guilty sinner!

Expect a terse comment from a moderator as your message is pointlessly edited any second now!

So you will recognise the message when you recieve it take look at this one:

Please note that I have again removed the quote that you put back after moderator pcni had removed it.

The quoting of an entire post from one immediately precing your reply is NOT required and WILL be removed if spotted by the moderators.
Furthermore it is frowned upon to tamper with moderators alterations to your posts. They are for a reason.

If you have any issues in this respect then take it up directly with the moderator concerned by PM or even to a member of the Plusnet Comms team via PM or Contact us ticket..
But do not take it upon yourself to ediot moderators actions.

Charming isnt it complete with CAPS SHOUTING and putting me in my place!

FYI I responded thus:

Maybe if they removed them with a little more grace and explanation they might not plss off paying customers so much they choose to re-instate them.

Is the reason that you don’t want so many quotes that it takes all the throttled users too long to download? I have only been a customers for 3 weeks.. and came with a very positive attitude.. but already I am beginning to have sympathy for the “whingers” over how high handed some plusnet staff / policy makers behave.

Some people in plusnet seem to have the attitude they are doing us a favour letting us have an account.

Well thats it for now... I guess I am officially "frowned upon" now and will go on the bad boy list.
Community Veteran

Peak hours too long?

getitonbangagong,

Even worse than that you find it necessary to bring this thread off topic to continue your rant. John has explained the reasons as to why quotes are not required, if you have any more queries about this then I'd suggest you take it up via PM. I also doubt he's given you permission to post his PM in a public forum.

Chris
Community Veteran

Peak hours too long?

Oh I don't think you will find that I am ranting. Just saying what I think and objecting to certain things....

The reason this thread has gone off topic is because myself and clearly some others objected to the moderators mocking attitude to a reasonable post. Just look at that post again it was uncalled for.

So perhaps our posts might help moderators to remember that they are here to help rather than take the mickey.

I dont believe I need anyones permission to post a message they have sent to me, but if I am incorrect perhaps you could publicly and politely refer me to where it says I can't, then I will refrain from doing so in future.
Community Veteran

Peak hours too long?

Thread locked. This thread has gone off topic far to much and you are clearly not listening.

Chris