Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Times

N/A

Peak Times

Hiya Folks

Just a quickie Wink

Right, so of weekdays; Mon-Fri 0000-1600 offpeak with 1600-0000 peak.

What about weekends? 0000-1600 and 0000-1600 Sunday, are those offpeak because normally more people are at home on weekends and thus I thought they could be peak?

I've just had a reminder that I've reached nearly the limit (well, 13gb) of my peak usage and I don't want to cause problems with the connection.

I understood from a previous forum message that the peak amount before restrictions was 20gb? Who would I need to speak to, to confirm or deny this? Wink

Although this is not more than your allowance, we wanted to make you aware of light restrictions to your connection speeds that come into force should you reach 13GB. These restrictions help you to stay within your allowance, and ensure that all customers receive the best possible quality of service.

I'm not sure about the rules of repeating an individual email but I think this covers standard information and nothing "special" "personal" or "private" for the account... Shockedops: :roll: :roll:

TIA :roll:
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Peak Times

It looks from that email that your are on Premier, the peak times on this are 4pm - Midnight every day, regardless of weekend or weekday.

You do get a 20GB allowance at peak-time, but restrictions are placed at 13GB as per this page
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Peak Times

Right, so of weekdays; Mon-Fri 0000-1600 offpeak with 1600-0000 peak.

Yes.
What about weekends? 0000-1600 and 0000-1600 Sunday, are those offpeak because normally more people are at home on weekends and thus I thought they could be peak?

Fraid not, they're peak - be nice if it wasn't the case though Smiley
I've just had a reminder that I've reached nearly the limit (well, 13gb) of my peak usage and I don't want to cause problems with the connection.

Don't worry, PlusNet do that for you Smiley

But seriously, on the old products restrictions come in before then. I doubt the information on the old products is on the site anyone, so won't bother looking.

However this older posting on the forums gives a bit more detail.

I'm not sure about the rules of repeating an individual email but I think this covers standard information and nothing "special" "personal" or "private" for the account...

Yep no one will mind you posting a bot generated mail. I think the rules just cover the posting of PM's from this forum (without permission) - and posting of ticket responses is allowed provided you remove the name of the CSC agent who replied.
N/A

Peak Times

Thanks Chris & "hunthome"

I'll change a few of my settings to reflect the new information Wink

We're quite happy here on a non adsl max account running at a mere 2mb... Wink

Now when they introduce SDSL Cheesy Cheesy

Sorry, I'll go back to my alcove now Wink :roll:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Peak Times

Not maxed? If you want to be then just let me know by raising a ticket and I'll get it done for you.

As for SDSL.... Linky Linky Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Peak Times

Not maxed? If you want to be then just let me know by raising a ticket and I'll get it done for you.

Hmm. What are the costs' differences? :roll:

As for SDSL.... Linky Linky Wink

Ooooh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I think it's just a little out of my price range at the moment Sad Alas Sad
Mand
Grafter

Peak Times

There are no cost differences between a 2MB and a Max connection. Smiley
N/A

Peak Times

There are no cost differences between a 2MB and a Max connection. Smiley

:shock: :shock: oh dear Shockedops: :roll: :roll:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Peak Times

Just shout up if you want it and I'll place the order myself

Cheesy
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team