cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Time downloads

N/A

Peak Time downloads

If I start a 2Gb download at 23.00 and only 50Mb had downloaded by midnight should I have all 2Gb counted against my Peak Time limit. This seems to be happening on my account. If this is correct then alternatively if I started the same download at 15.30 so that it ran into Peak Time how would that be counted?
14 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Peak Time downloads

The full 2GB should not be counted against your peak time allowance. I would strongly suggest that you raise a ticket so that we can investigate this.
Liam
Grafter

Peak Time downloads

How we're you downloading? Was it peer-to-peer? If so, the upload will also be counted.

We're you downloading anything else at the same time? Anything else connected?

Do you have a wireless network? Anyone else on the network downloading?
N/A

Peak Time downloads

I was downloading from Usenet. Nothing major was downloading at the same time only normal web surfing. I suspected something like this ws happening last month as my peak time usage was far bigger than I had anticipated. i have just raised a ticket.
Liam
Grafter

Peak Time downloads

OK, thankyou. I've passed your ticket through to our Networks team for further investigation.
N/A

Peak Time downloads

I'm rather worried about your networks team. Have they all died on the job and no-one has noticed because I have not had a reply yet.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Peak Time downloads

We'll check this up tomorrow for you.
michaelscott
Grafter

Peak Time downloads

Did you?
N/A

Peak Time downloads

I had a reply from the network team - they're looking into it. Good to know they're still alive down there. Cheesy
N/A

Peak Time downloads

Not had any answer from the network team. It's now SEVEN days since I raised the ticket. Can anyone from Plusnet honestly tell me that this time frame is acceptable?
N/A

Peak Time downloads

you must be telling pork pies. The blurb tells 99% of all problems are cured on first call within a few millisecconds......
N/A

Peak Time downloads

Unfortunately, when it comes to lying, Plusnet could teach Tony Blair a thing or two.
N/A

Peak Time downloads

Unfortunately, when it comes to lying, Plusnet could teach Tony Blair a thing or two.

now thats damn funny if i say so myself Smiley
N/A

Peak Time downloads

Basic rule of asking for help, is not to slag them off whilst asking for it Tongue
N/A

Peak Time downloads

So dustyjoe how long would you wait for a reply before starting to slag them off? My limit is EIGHT days.

And in the words of that Diana Ross classic "I'm still waiting".