cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Time Usage Allowance Increase

tcs2000
Grafter

Just had an e-mail from Plusnet saying my allowance has gone up from 3gb to 4gb a month.from 1st August (I'm on BBPlus and get billed on the 23rd)
Came totally out of the blue! :shock: Shocked Smiley
14 REPLIES
N/A

I just got the same e-mail too.

I had to look twice at it. I could hardly believe my eyes!
N/A

I got the same, I'm on unlimited bband plus, infact if you try to purchase bband plus at this very second it's still shown as unlimited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PlusNet, please comment!
Community Veteran

have a browse of this thread here
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

I was going to disagree but I followed the links for ordering BB+ and got this lovely statement here
Broadband Plus

Perfect for surfing, email, chatting and shopping - not file-sharing and large downloads.
There is no usage cap, however the product is designed for up to 3GB usage each month at 4pm-Midnight. Once your usage exceeds the product design, your downloads and surfing will get progressively slower until the start of your next billing month when your usage is reset.
But then I found my way to this page http://www.plus.net/features/news/usage_upgrade.shtml which says differently
dilbert
Dabbler

What Plusnet taketh away and give back as an upgrade?

Once upon a time Plusnet gave a 30gb a month limit

Then one day they half this to 15gb a month.

Later they send out an email stating this limit is being increased to 20gb
wait for it; as a
"free upgrade"
"your new allowance"
"enjoy your extra peak time usage"

How ironic
retep
Grafter

This is cynical I know but maybe Plusnet has lost some of its market share and is spreading the otherwise wasted unused bandwidth around.
donj53
Grafter

My mail said my peak usage was going up from 15Gb to 20Gb.Mind you the mail I got two days ago was warning me I was at 8Gb and I was approaching my 10Gb limit.Best bit was I only had 1day till my billing period ended.
Confused-you will be.
N/A

if only i could use it!
I have calculated that it would take me nearly 11 solid days to transfer 20GB with my current fucked up connection speed
N/A

Well, it's meant to last you an entire month, and if you can get through it in 11 days, whats the problem? ;-)
N/A

Im on Prem Option1, and understand my increase goes from 15gb to 20gb.. but dont restrictions first start at 10gbHuh

Is this increasing to 15gb, or will restrictions still be in place once you have breached this 10gb thresholdHuh?Huh
Alecto
Grafter

Restrictions start at 13GB under the new system. Wink
They've increased both the limit and the restriction point by a third.
N/A

I've never really understood the restrictions and wondered why i occassionally got warning emails when i reached 8gb but was supposed to be on 15gb with premier option 1.
Thanks though for the increase, it brings it more into line with what other ISPs offer and delays me having to consider leaving.
for now :lol:

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

With the old system, you could have 10gb peak allowance before light restricitons were placed on your account, I cant remember exactly.. but I think you were dropped from 8mb to 2mb..... and when you hit 15gb this was dropped again to 128k.. I think...

Ive always kept an eye on what the competition has to offer, and despite the problems Ive had with PN over the past month.. which are now resolved (apart from all my missing emails!!!) no one else seems to offer as much, for as little!!

Having said that BE brodband is going live next month in my area, with 24mb down, 1.3mb up, and unlimited... for 24.99 a month.. bring it on!!!!!
N/A

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the .....

jeez, as strict as pns restriction rules :roll: