cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak Time Management? After 5 gigs?

michaelscott
Grafter

I just got an e-mail saying that level 1 peak time management is being applied to my account, but my peak time usage is only 5.7GB!
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What account are you on as that then gives us (and you) an idea what allowances apply to your account. If you are on BB+ then the peak time allowance before level 1 management is actually 3GB assuming you are on the new product (which says option 1 in the description) and are using the new VMBU..
michaelscott
Grafter

I'm on EasyStart, which I believe is now Premier Option 1, which has a 15GB limit and 10GB before I start being managed.
michaelscott
Grafter

Great, now Usenet and FTP are going at 0Kbps - it's not even 4PM yet! Whether I'm being managed at peak time or not, I should be getting some sort of speed right now!
Community Veteran

Actually the easystart (and homesurf) legacy products have not been changed yet (you will get an email when PN have decided what to do with your accounts) so you are still on the old allowances (20GB P2P/usenet/FTP peak / 30GB peak overall and peak is 8am -> midnight) so that makes your situation even less likely.

Time to raise a ticket and get it investigated.
michaelscott
Grafter

Then why do they say EasyStart = Option 1 here? To confuse people even more?

My 8am-Midnight usage is 28.87GB. I'd scheduled all of my downloading for the new offpeak hours.

So, PlusNet haven't "decided what to do with my account"? Since I've been paying more all these years, surely I'd at least get better treatment and be given the correct information.

I've given PlusNet a lot of support, but they've finally pissed me off. I think the only ticket I'll be raising is a request for a MAC.
N/A

Is that the £24.99 per month package?
michaelscott
Grafter

Yes, I'm paying more for less.
N/A

michaelscott,

I have brought this to the attention of the comms team for you. Hopefully it can be looked into rather swiftly and the necessary edits made.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

It looks like you are being managed by the old limits, I'm not sure why at the moment and need to look into it. I've raised it internally as problem 31959 for the product guys to look into tomorrow.
shellsong
Grafter

How do I find out whether and how my account is being managed? I know the account was on Level 3 management at the end of the last billing period (24th) but there has been no message stating that management had been removed since, although there was a strange message on the billing date during the account "upgrade" hiatus that said
As a Broadband Premier customer, you receive a monthly peak-time usage
allowance of 15GB. This allowance ensures that everyone gets a fair share
of our network resources during peak hours (4pm - Midnight).

Your peak-time usage for this billing month* just exceeded 12.5GB.

Increased restrictions will now apply to your connection speeds until the
end of the current billing month. The restrictions won't affect most of
your internet activities, such as browsing, emails or gaming.

We would have notified you when you reached 10GB to give you an opportunity
to avoid these restrictions, however, you had exceeded 12.5GB before our
alert email could be triggered.

Does this mean management of some sort is still in place? Does the automated left hand know what the automated right hand is doing?
Community Veteran

shellsong, The new VMBU tells you what management level you are on.

Dave,

It looks like you are being managed by the old limits,

What old limits are you refering to. As far as I know easystart was treated the same as premier as far as the limits were concerbned so no management would have applied until 20GB P2P etc or 30GB total peak time. The only limt that comes anywhere near is the old BB+ limit of 5GB.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Based on

My 8am-Midnight usage is 28.87GB

I'm assuming it's the 20GB of P2P/Usenet/FTP between 8am and midnight that's applied. As I say, I need the product guys to look into it as I'm only speculating.
N/A

It looks like you are being managed by the old limits,

It looks like you're being managed by the crazed beast that is currently ravaging the depths of the VMBU/Ellacoya/Juniper collective. I don't know what is going on but it certainly isn't the smooth, automated, fault free, fine tuneable system we were promised. After it being internally tested, tested by the usergroup, tested some more and delayed due to problems found and then eventually rolled out differently from promised while still being bug-ridden it's been pretty much a disaster since day one.
michaelscott
Grafter

Thanks Tom and Dave Smiley

Any news? I've just opened a ticket about this, as I've received no word from the mysterious "product guys".

I'd really like to be able to update my sevrer right now, but I can't as the FTP connections time out and do so even off peak. Do you really want a compromised machine sitting on your network?