cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment of Entire Account by Direct Debit

N/A

:? :x I have just tried to add a productivity service to my account, only to find that this service has to be paid by credit card even though I have a direct debit set up for my connection. This adds additional administration to dealing with your account. Why is it not possible for all transactions to be paid using the direct debit mandateHuh??

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie)Tonguelease do not use all caps in your titles, it is considering rude as it is similar to shouting. ]
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

DD is only for regular weekly/monthly payments not one off's, for one off's if you dont have a CC then you have to arrange to send a cheque.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
csogilvie
Grafter

I think he means the regular £2.50 payment...
Community Veteran

adp450, this is not a one-off payment - they have added the productivity package to their existing ADSL account which is £2.50/month/user.

thejadegroup, This Q was asked previously but I can't find the answer given by PlusNet but they did say it was not possible to add the cost to your existing DD. This is strange because it is a recurring payment so why they can't just setup a new DD to include the additional amount I don't know - it probably has something to do with their current billing system which, I believe, is very restrictive in changing this sort of thing.
Community Veteran

From the end of this thread:

That is exactly what I wanted to do. I will be taking this up with a support person. If someone from Customer Support can read this can you please explain why I was refused a Direct Debit for the Security package, but this customer wasn't?

When did you get told that this wasn't possible? We actually changed this at the end of last year in order to prepare for the withdrawl of Debit Card payments for subscriptions. If you have services and want to pay by Direct Debit just set it up through the portal and it will default to the DD rather than a credit card.

Regards,

So it should be possible, raise a contact us ticket and quote the above.
N/A

From the end of this thread:

That is exactly what I wanted to do. I will be taking this up with a support person. If someone from Customer Support can read this can you please explain why I was refused a Direct Debit for the Security package, but this customer wasn't?

When did you get told that this wasn't possible? We actually changed this at the end of last year in order to prepare for the withdrawl of Debit Card payments for subscriptions. If you have services and want to pay by Direct Debit just set it up through the portal and it will default to the DD rather than a credit card.

Regards,

we were told today. Having tried to set up through the portal, the default was CC so we raised the query with customer support & the reply was that it is not possible. I have also raised a ticket so it will be interesting to see what the response is given your comments.
Regards

So it should be possible, raise a contact us ticket and quote the above.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You should be able to subscribe to one of the services packages via direct debit, as Josh says this was changed a while back. You'll need a credit card on the account to activate the the services, like you do with the £1 domain option, but subsequent payments should come from the direct debit.