cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying £40 a month and still on 2mb

N/A

Hi,

Surely seeing that I'm paying this much a month for my 2mb conx I should have already been upgraded to MaxDSL by now? Also why the hell am I still paying £40? :shock:

Thanks

Lewis

Also I would have posted a ticket but I cannot see the option to under my account settings. And tbh I don't have the time or patience to browse through these forums to find out how.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

To raise a ticket click help & support (at top of page) then contact us. You will have to raise a ticket because yes, you should have been upgraded by now.

As to why you have been payng £40/month, well, it has always been up to the individual to determin if they are on the best product to meet their needs. PN have no requirement to tell everyone about product changes.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Lewis,

I've checked this for you and ot looks like the regrade is actually due to complete tomorrow morning, I've raised a ticket to the Broadband Operations Team to check it for you then.
Dizzley
Grafter

As to why you have been payng £40/month, well, it has always been up to the individual to determin if they are on the best product to meet their needs. PN have no requirement to tell everyone about product changes.

No requirement to tell everyone! :roll: They might not have to keep users informed but...

That used to be the case with the banks too. Two things happened: 1) people voted with their feet and 2) the banks learnt they had to be straight with people.

The way PlusNet conduct their business - including policies on charging and whether they advise customers on products is set out in these forums and elsewhere.
N/A

In all fairness people were given the option to stop paying 40 a month, and go down to the 21.99 option, or if they wanted to stay on the 40 a month option, those details were clearly posted MANY months ago.

These forums were PLASTERED with details about that offer when all this hoo-haa about the 4-8mb started last year. So really it was your own choice to stay on the 8mb option.

Having said that, you should have really been one of the first to be upgraded, hence your choice to stay on that payment, and that is a bit badly handled
nathan1111
Grafter

Thats true, then theres us OTHERS who pay £31.99 (who joined before 2005) and were provisionally on a 20:1 contention instead of Bt's 50:1 contention, with the advantages of having higher upload speeds (to that of 832kbps) when 4/8mb is available. I wonder if anyone who is on this contract such as myself have had an upgrade to 8mb and whether they are gettin the PROMISED higher upload speeds.

To MrPartyHat, if u need a high upload speed, id find out if your stil on a 20:1 contention, but stil the most u should be paying is £31.99. I think u should check these forums regularly for any updates about existing products or new products as PlusNet do not widespread any new information via an Automated Email (Well not to everyone) which would help and would not take long to create a template.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
JJ
Grafter

nathan1111

I'm on a legacy 20:1 product, have been upgraded (after a bit of prodding!) and do get the higher upload speeds.

John H
ceridwen
Grafter

These forums were PLASTERED with details about that offer when all this hoo-haa about the 4-8mb started last year. So really it was your own choice to stay on the 8mb option.

Whilst these forums were plastered with details, not all of PN customers visit these forums. Part of the hoohah was that many of PN customers (indeed probably a good majority) who do not frequent the forums would be in the dark about these changes.

In any case, the OP here seems to have decided to stay on the £40 in order to get the promised priority upgrade at the front of the queue as soon as MaxDSL was available. The fact that he hasn't been upgraded and MaxDSL has been available for over a month, and many people who had downgraded to the 21.99 package have been upgraded to MaxDSL, is justification for the OP to be annoyed that having chose to pay the premium he hasn't received the promised priority for the upgrade.

Matthew
ceridwen
Grafter

nathan1111

I'm on a legacy 20:1 product, have been upgraded (after a bit of prodding!) and do get the higher upload speeds.

John H

I'm also on the 20:1 product. Whilst I haven't been upgraded yet, there is a ticket on my account which reads:

"The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max Premium."

So it sounds like I should get the higher upload speeds.

Matthew
N/A

Thanks for all your comments. I've got in today and according to my router I'm now on an 8mb conx. Although I'm not seeing any speed increases yet but I guess that's down to BT testing what speed I can comfortably be on... right?

And yes I was annoyed at paying £40 a month to be left waiting for my MaxDSL. But I tip my hat to Plus for sorting it pronto.
N/A

Well I'm still bloody well waiting and today i'm only gettting 1.3mb/s!