Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay as you go...

Robtheplod
Grafter

Pay as you go...

Hello

I'm looking for another account whereby a user gets their email via GPRS (via VodaFone). I'd like them to have plusnet account as I know these work well. Can they use the simple pay as you go account, ie no subscription ?? They will never dial the 0845 as they will be using vodafone for SMTP, just +net for pop3 ?

is this ok ?

rob
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Pay as you go...

From what I understand, +Net require, like most PAYG ISPs, that you dial-in for a minimum period, every X amount of days.

Otherwise, they are providing a service 100% free. The PAYG money from the dial-up is used to pay for the services used.

You would likely need to go for the lowest tarrif system.
N/A

> Hello
>
> I'm looking for another account whereby a user gets their email via GPRS (via VodaFone). I'd like them to have plusnet account as I know these work well. Can they use the simple pay as you go account, ie no subscription ?? They will never dial the 0845 as they will be using vodafone for SMTP, just +net for pop3 ?
>
> is this ok ?
>
> rob

Hi,

This is fine. We do have a requirement that pay-as-you-go accounts are accessed at least once every 3 months or they are deactivated. This access can be either, dialling in, checking the mailbox or logging into the portal.

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Robtheplod
Grafter

So the process of just checking the pop3 mailbox would keep the account alive ?? they will never dial the 0845 number - I feel a bit guilty now!!

rob
N/A

> So the process of just checking the pop3 mailbox would keep the account alive ?? they will never dial the 0845 number - I feel a bit guilty now!!
>
> rob

Yep, just checking the mailbox would be fine. Although you can always try and persuade them to upgrade so you get a referral discount Wink

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----