cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pathetic Customer Support From Plusnet

N/A

Tickets; 20832981 and 20822968

I really am fed-up with the very poor service I am getting from Plusnet. I have had issues with my line for five days now - it's virtually unusable, a 4meg line dropping to a 130k line. Basically a BRAS profile dropping from 4k to 0.1k and refusing to move back up despite holding a steady sync speed on my router.

Anyway, regardless of the technical issues, I have had two tickets open with PN for 5 days, and they seem to be doing bug** all to fix the problem. After loads of ridiculous responses like changing microfilters and using the master socket etc - they obviously don't read what people write in the tickets, they just cut and paste generic crappola. Anyway, after going through their so-called online diagnostic tools, they eventually decide to do what I asked them at the start - pass the call to BT for investigation.

However, 24 hours later, the call still doesn't get passed to BT and seems to just be floating around in the ether of their call sysytems. No eta, no BT reference, nothing on the call.

So, I decide to phone them up and speak to a person. After about 20 minutes of listening to elevator music looping I get through to someone called Daniel. I ask him when will the call be looked at by the faults team, the response is "I don't know". So, I ask him wheen I can expect PN to actually log a call with BT, the response again is "I don't know". Finally I ask him how I can actually speak to someone in the faults team, the response is "you can't". I then ask him how long does it normally take for PN to log a call with BT and for BT to then fix it....well you can guess his response.

All I could get from Daniel is that he will add some more text to an already ignored ticket - "user chasing for an eta". Whoopee Doo.

Great so maybe in five days, the PREMIUM service I am apparently paying for will get logged to BT. I guess BT might get around to looking at it in another 5 days.

Premium service they call this, it's pathetic frankly.
12 REPLIES
N/A

I sympathise with you, entirely.

I had a similar problem from day 1 of joining PlusNet (May 2006), which took nearly 6 weeks to rectify!
After a month of irritating 'blanket' responses to my ticket, a grand total of 11 (Yes, that's ELEVEN) hours spent on hold trying to get through to CS, at my expense I might add. Finally got the problem sorted.

The simple fact is, CS will very rarely give a straight forward answer or estimate timescales as the chances are, they will be wrong or inaccurate, and you'll be on the blower giving them more grief! Better to saying nothing, then when it all goes [removed], they can't be held accountable!

I hope you get it sorted soon, but i don't envy you!

Moderators Note by Chris: Attempt to bypass the swear filter removed.
N/A

Yes, I also hope you can get your problems sorted out. But I wouldn't hold your breath. Their customer support is about as bad as their service levels - basically, they're both in the gutter.
N/A

Hmmmm, still no response at all from PN on when they intend to get off their fat [removed] and actually log it with BT. I mean how blooming hard is it to phone BT?

Up to one week now of dialup speeds, and all I get from PN is that they 'intend' to log it with BT at 'somepoint'.

Pathetic, I pay for the premier home product for four years, and they can't even be bothered to get my issue looked at. I know from the forums that many people are also suffering from their useless service.

Moderators Note by Chris: Attempt to bypass the swear filter removed.
N/A

Are you tied in to them? If not, request that MAC code and look elsewhere. It's the only option, because the human race will be extinct by the time this woeful company fixes their problems.
N/A

Well I am going to keep shouting on the forums until they get on with it Cry
N/A

Are you tied in to them? If not, request that MAC code and look elsewhere. It's the only option, because the human race will be extinct by the time this woeful company fixes their problems.

Once it get fixed, I am seriously considering moving to Zen.
Community Veteran

Can people in this thread calm down abit please. Shouting in the forums will not get your issue sorted any faster and will only get the attention of the moderators. If you have a direct issue with PlusNet, then raise it with them.
N/A

I'm calm and I'm not shouting. I tried raising a direct issue with PlusNet, but they won't do anything about it. I'm paying £21.99 per month for something which doesn't work as per its specification. Same goes for the poster who started this topic.
N/A

Can people in this thread calm down abit please. Shouting in the forums will not get your issue sorted any faster and will only get the attention of the moderators. If you have a direct issue with PlusNet, then raise it with them.

If you actually read the thread you will see that these issues have been raised directly with them, on many occasions by phone and ticket. After getting nowhere, people start shouting on the forums. That's down to PN having useless customer support - £22 per month for the pleasure.
mrcook
Grafter

I agree, we are paying for a service that is not being delivered, customer support do nothing about it.
Look elsewhere on the forum and you'll see the same complaints. I am 10 days and counting for a simple problem to be dealt with.
Who are we supposed to complain to?
Community Veteran

I'm not saying don't post in the forums. All I'm trying to say is hostile posts and shouting won't do you any favours It might be an idea for some people to review the forum rules, already in this thread I've corrected two items that didn't meet the criteria of the rules.

Chris
N/A

Chris,

Rather than moaning about the occasional swear word, why can't you sympathize with people paying £22 per month and receiving dreadful customer service? Isn't that really the issue here. Afterall, no one would be swearing if we were receiving an average+ service......honestly the CS in Pn at this current time is terrible.

In the last few years I have introduced four friends to PN, because once upon a time PN were a very good ISP, amongst a sea of useless ISP's like tiscali, AOL and freeserve were back then.

I really regret that, I may speak to those friends again. If this service doesn't improve then for sure me and my four friends will be moving to Zen - who currently have a very good reputation for CS.