cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid upgfrade / free regrade...

N/A

Paid upgfrade / free regrade...

Just clarifying (appologies in advance as I'm probably asking the same things many have already)...

I can upgrade my "ADSL Home Self-Install - Router Starter Pack" account (started in 2002) to 2Mb (exchange permitting) right now for £14.99 and the change will take no longer than 7 (working?) days. Or I could wait for the free regrades which could happen any time now or could waiting as long as until the end of June.

In either case, come my next billing date after the 14th of this month, the FUP will take effect. Also in either case I'll be moved onto the 30Gb plan which cosst the same per month as my current plann (£21.99) unless I wish (and specify) otherwise.

Is the above about right?

And a couple of other questions...

Looking at my exchange (http://users.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=York&exact=1136) is it showing "Virtual paths: Red" which by my understanding means I should expect bandwidth issues at peak times (I've not noticed any at 512Kb though). Given that page states this will be the case until the 30th, I doubt I'll be getting my automatic regrade anytime before the middle of May, but will this affect my ability to get the 2Mb regrade now by paying the £14.99?

Also, is there any way of checking wether the exchange is capable of 2Mb connections? Guestimating from the map, I'm about 1250 meters from the exchange, as the crow flys (with or without coconut).
2 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Re: Paid upgfrade / free regrade...

I can upgrade my "ADSL Home Self-Install - Router Starter Pack" account (started in 2002) to 2Mb (exchange permitting) right now for £14.99 and the change will take no longer than 7 (working?) days. Or I could wait for the free regrades which could happen any time now or could waiting as long as until the end of June.

In either case, come my next billing date after the 14th of this month, the FUP will take effect. Also in either case I'll be moved onto the 30Gb plan which cosst the same per month as my current plann (£21.99) unless I wish (and specify) otherwise.

Is the above about right?

Yes, this is correct. The free regrades are starting this month and are due to complete over the summer.

With regards to your exchange status this should not affect any regrades. You should be able to see if your exchange has 2MB using BT's availability checker at http://www.bt.com/broadband.
N/A

RE: capabilities

@ spillett

You can WAIT for both the change to FUP type account and for the FREE Upgrade

Checking Your Line

You can type your phone number, with area code in the site below:

BT Wholesale Line Speed Check

This should give you a rough estimate