cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page not found!!!!

N/A

Page not found!!!!

Sad Does anyone else have the problem that they cannot connect to certain web sites. eg www.tiscali.co.uk and www.advfn.com
Most others work as does email, so is it my settings or F9 servers?
I have ADSL home surf :-)
Has anyone else had a problem or am I alone?
Thanks
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Page not found!!!!

Hi,

Both those sites are working for me. I've seen people have problems with Tiscali before, this was caused by the MTU value on their PC if I recall correctly. You might want to try changing this and seeing if that makes a difference.
N/A

page not found

I read on your web site that MTU is now redundant as BT have upgraded the network. If this is not true can you tell me how I change the MTU settings on my PC?
Thanks
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Page not found!!!!

The orginally problem with MTU was that packets were being fragmented on BT's network as they had they MTU value set too low, this has been resolved.
However some websites will not respond if the MTU value is too high.
There's a load of information about MTU here.
Another cause of the problem might be DNS, try the following URL in your browser http://212.74.101.10/ and see if you can Tiscali's site.
N/A

still not found

I have set the MTU to 1458 as required on the link you sent me and typed in http://212.74.101.10/ but still nothing. I have had this problem since going from Tiscali to you so do you think I have a setting wrong?
N/A

Found the answer

Well now I know why I cant see certain pages - I have not yet migrated to F9 from Tiscali even though F9 sent me an email to say I was connected (told me it was sent in error) so I now have to wait to get a decent connection with F9!!!
Oh well back to slow old Tiscali (line speed at best 100 and normally 44-55)
Thanks for all your help F9 and I wait with high hopes the migration goes through soon :lol: