cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page cannot be displayed???

rammie1976
Grafter

Hi, can anyone tell me what might cause this?

I've been getting it happening on lots of different websites recently - its driving me nuts!!!! Evil
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

reboot PC
reboot router
clear browser cache
ceridwen
Grafter

Does it display if you clicik on the refresh/reload button, or restart the browser and try again?

There has been intermittent problems with DNS timeouts (sometimes better than others) over the last few months.

Matthew
rammie1976
Grafter

Sometimes it does, probably mostly, depending on the site - this one yes it does, but there is a messageboard site where very often no. Sad

oh and my email is very slow checking as well (but as thats worse at peak I figured its down to management)?
Community Veteran

Disable any software firewall or anti-virus software temporarily to see if that is causing the problem.
rammie1976
Grafter

AVG never has before, firewall on the router; anyway how could I continue to browse even if it was! :roll: :lol:

Seems a bit better today, has only been noticeable the past week-ish. I wonder if its to do with DNS as ceriwden suggests?
N/A

There have been reports of people having intermittent DNS blackouts, but there doesn't seem to have been a pattern and they haven't lasted for long periods of time or effected everyone.
rammie1976
Grafter

Thanks sietchtabr Smiley - was indeed better yesterday.