cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Differences

PhillipH
Grafter

Package Differences

Please could someone explain the exact differences between a plus account and premier account. Ive tried to ask using a ticket but that question was ignored.

I went with the premier account along time ago, believing it had benefits. Which as you know Plus Nets current policy of couldnt care less about minority (1% magic figure) customers and caters just for the casual internet browser and email junkie. Coupled with the numerous changes to the package i really need some clarity on this.

I got the premier package because of the so called games advantage, ie suited for gamers - which i dont believe is the case, and is identical to the plus package.

Am i wasting £8.00 per month?

btw i Realise i am a minority (1%) so if an admin does not reply, then please dont feel bad about that and i wont shout about it. Cos as we all know, the 1% (magic figure) doesnt matter.

thanks for your time and valuable opinions.
5 REPLIES
PhillipH
Grafter

Package Differences

oh and i will be using VPN from tomorrow, which i just find out the plus package has anyway.
N/A

Package Differences

The only differences as far as I can see are that on Premier you may, if you're lucky, get sligthly faster speeds over p2p and usenet.
You also get slightly more webspace, cgi, static IP and few other things, that most people wouldn't care about.

Not enough to warrant the price increase imo.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Package Differences

The only differences as far as I can see are that on Premier you may, if you're lucky, get sligthly faster speeds over p2p and usenet.

This is simply not correct. P2P and USENET performs considerably better on a Premier account compared with a Plus account. If you use P2P and usenet then downgrading to Plus will not be very good for you.

Also on Premier you get a lot more webspace, CGI, MySQL, and the ability to host more domains amongst other things and a static IP address.

Also the idle timeouts don't apply to Premier accounts.

If you want all the features of the Premier accounts and even better p2p and usenet but your usage is fairly low you might want to look at our Broadband PAYG packages.
N/A

Package Differences

Rubbish! It is true.

p2p is absolutely crap on Premier, period. Very rare to be able to get over 100KB/s at peak time on well seeded torrents. Usually 20-50KB/s max. On other isps using same kit, identical software this is not the case, as I keep proving between myself and friends.

Sure this maybe more than what a bb+ user can get, but it's hardly worth it.

Ok nntp is better yes, but only if you haven't breached the lowly 15GB limit.
N/A

Package Differences

You can also host you own web / ftp / email servers on premier, don't think you can on BB+.

If + Net did not have any speed problems (IMO) and ITS ever changing policies then I would say 21.99 is a BARGAIN Smiley.