cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUG interview Al Wyse of PN

N/A

The PlusNet UserGroup are pleased to present our first ever video interview. On the 28th October we were able to sit down with Al Wyse and spent over half an hour talking about issues such as Traffic Management, CSC and more.

For more information, and to download the video,click here http://usergroup.plus.net/video_alwyse_oct2006

This WAV file is 66Mb and the interview lasts about 30 minutes. Turn the sound volume up to maximum to catch everything Alistair says.
7 REPLIES
suec45
Grafter

Thanks for this, I havent watched it all, but I heard what I wanted in the first few minutes, that Plusnet know things have gone wrong.

Hopefully things wont take too long to get back on track.
N/A

This will be interesting to watch. Thanks.
N/A

Good video and some great questions that explain a fair bit about whats going on.
Firejack
Grafter

Very good interview. Appreciate how hard you pushed on the capacity issues as this is my main concern with Plus.net right now. The solution appears to be a reduction in the wholesale cost of central bandwidth. We'll have to wait until next year when we reach 1.5 million LLU lines though to see exactly how much extra capacity Plus.net are willing to buy.
James
Grafter

Wholesale bandwidth charges are not being reduced until ~Jan '08.
N/A

Now, what I don't get is that I can download the video at 340KB/sec but when I try and watch any BBC stuff (at a mere 256kbps) it keeps getting "net congestion".
N/A

This will now be unstickied as it has served its purpose. Please feel free to still use the thread and discuss things.