cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSTN cease before scheduled completion date?

N/A

My service was scheduled for completion but I lost service 2 days before the scheduled date. When I queried this with PN, I got the following reply....

"a PSTN cease will disconnect you generally a day or two before the order complete date. This is due to the way the order is actioned. Your connection will drop when the frames work has been done. Then the cease completes on the due date."

Is that normal? Surely a bit of advance warning wouldn't go a miss.

I was actually cut off mid phone conversation. I had to complete the (overseas) call - and make several others later that day - by mobile, at significant cost.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I can see from the quite extensive ticket history that this hasn't been the smoothest experience, and for that I apologise.
I'm not quite sure what the agent was implying with his response, your cease should have completed on the day it was initially placed for, which if memory serves correct was the 5th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

No, it's not been a smooth process! Wink I'm not jumping-up-and-down irate (more pressing worries at the moment!), but I do think it's been a bit of a mess.

Yes, it should have been cancelled on Friday 6th - but everything went dead midday Wednesday. I still don't know why as the ticket is being bounced around without a satisfactory answer.
N/A

The game of ping pong continues.

Is it so difficult for PN to contact BT Wholesale and find out why I was ceased 2 days early?

And that's not meant to be a rhetorical question :lol:
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

Apologies for the hassle you've had trying to get answers on this, I've added a little more explanation to the ticket for you.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.