Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POLL Did you reply to the plus net email

N/A

Hello All

This is just a quick question

You may have recieved an email recently from Plus net about MAXDsl.

Short version is, they have suspended auto upgrades and you have to register at trials.plus.net now.

If you are not already on the MAXDsl service, have you registered?

Thanks for you help.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What is the purpose of this poll?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Maybe to find out how many have already been maxed, how many are waiting, and how many want to stay as they are?

I thought that the addy had been changed to a link in the 'help' centre.
mrchalk
Grafter

registered for the first time over 2 months ago & again 2 weeks ago today. Still waiting - surprise surprise Evil
mrchalk
Grafter

registered for the first time over 2 months ago & again 2 weeks ago today. Still waiting - surprise surprise Evil
N/A

To answer your question, it is quite simple.

Plus net sent two email to all customers NOT on MAXDsl.

The first said they had stopped all upgrades to MAXDsl and would only consider those that registered at trials.plus.net.

Some people may or may not have done this.

For those that did it stated that you would be upgraded to MAXDsl within 4 to 6 weeks.

Then a second email came out stating that again only people who responded to the email and registered at trials.plus.net would get MAXDsl but this time they could not guarentee as to when you would get upgraded.

The reason for the second email is that have an open ticket with CC about these two emails.

To which I think I have finally got some sort of answer to most peoples question which is when will they get MAXDsl.

BT is no longer accepting low number upgrades but all ISP must now use BT bulk order processing. But with the amount of faults found when you upgrade ( within the first weeks to ten days you get a lot of diconnects and other poor problems) Plus net decided to stop all automatic upgrades.

Now as there are no more auto upgrades to MAXDsl you must reigster your interest at the trails.plus.net, but plus net cannot ask for indivual or low number upgrades they like other ISP have to use the bulk order request.

So for eveyone to get on to MAXDsl so many people have to register.

So this poll is to find out has plus net got enough interest to order a Bulk upgrade or not, because if they dont then everone will have to wait a minimum of two months. Now the above is my own personal gathered information and is my views only.

If Plus net CC would like to comment I am sure a lot of people would be interested.

How many people have to register so that plus net can use the BULK upgrade to MAXDsl?

How many have registered there interest?

Then we may all get a better understanding as to how long we may have to wait.

And by the way I am a business account and still on 2 meg and registered on the MAXDsl, and also asked quite some time ago as to when the upgrades would go through before all of the above started.

Hope this helps

John
N/A

To be honest.. I think it should have been people manually requesting upgrades all along, rather than just rushing everyone through.
Community Veteran

BT is no longer accepting low number upgrades but all ISP must now use BT bulk order processing ... but plus net cannot ask for indivual or low number upgrades they like other ISP have to use the bulk order request.

I heavily snipped your message.

I have never read anything that leads me to your statements about this limited use of the Bulk Upgrade Tool. Where is your source?

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

I was one of the ones max'd at the beginning of may, I received the email on the 21st april as far as I can remember (getting old, grey cells going :lol: ) and was max'd 2nd may, took 3 weeks of mentally slow speeds to get it settled.

I would offer this advice to anyone being newly max'd and that is be patient, once your training period starts, dont be posting loads saying how long, it just gets you more frustrated, its supposed to take 10-12 days, but in practice it "could" take longer.

But once your all settled with your connection, it seems to be very stable for the most of us.
N/A

I also received the email (via PUG) on 21 April, opted into Max straight away, and was upgraded on 3rd May. However, it took well over a month before people at plus.net could agree that I was on Max rather than LLU (something to do with me migrating in - this is on a thread somewhere in this forum), and the higher speeds didn't kick in until the afternoon of 15th June.
N/A

Quite simple, in a reply from plus net to an open ticket that i have with them at this time.

Here is what they had to say.

Dear Mr Ellis,
Unfortunately due to unforeseen issues with the BT bulk regrades to the MAX product we have suspended our service wide upgrades, this is due to the connection issues that can occur with both fluctuating sync speeds and throughput during the first 10 day "training" period the line undergoes. We are still processing regrades to the Max service however this is now being done via opt-in only. To register your interest in upgrading to the upto 8Mb service please register your interest at http://trials.plus.net

Later in the year, we expect to be able to resume our service wide upgrades process.

For further details please see the information provided on our website:-
https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/getready.shtml

Anyone that had already opt-ed for the speed upgrade will get it.

Regards,

This was followed up with

Dear Mr Ellis,
Once an order has been submitted to BT using the bulk system, the time the order takes to complete at this point is purely down to BT Scheduling, and we cannot give an ETA on this.

Most orders complete within the previously mentioned 4-6 weeks, some take longer.

So as you can see straight plus net will only upgrade customers to MAXDsl when they have reached a certain amount of customers who wish to be upgraded.

But you may have also today received another follow up email from plus net today titled DSLMax Upgrade Programme Update

John