Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN spam filter still poor

mapletree
Grafter

Hi,

Are other users still getting obvious spam emails untagged/sent to your normal mailboxes? I received one today that I can hardly believe got through. The subject line consisted of the 'F' word repeated four times and the content of the email was similar.
3 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

The spam filter is manually trained at present, it should pick up the majority of the obvious stuff, but if not sending the offending item to be used for training the filter would help us greatly.

If you are getting mail which should be marked as spam but isn't you can forward it to spam@despamchecker.plus.com and it will be used to further train the spam filter.

By the same token if you are getting mail marked as spam which isn't you can send it to notspam@despamchecker.plus.com.

The spam filter will take training, and we rely on examples from customers (as well as our own mailboxes) to make this better on an ongoing basis.
N/A

There is this guide on training the spam filter Wink

Also, I created a utility which may be of use to some: LINK Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

mandbeckett: I know about training the filter, but it does not "pick up the majority of the obvious stuff" IMHO - as my post indicates.

According to an official PN document I read it seems like only a sample of spam are sent to the filter trainer so there's no guarantee that my time is not wasted forwarding spams. I can't locate that article now - but I am sure someone else will.

webwise: I'm sure your articles would be of use to Outlook Express users - unfortunately I don't use it (or should it be fortunately? ;-).