cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN, spam filter reports & Eudora

DavidHH
Grafter

First of all thanks to Plusnet for better email stability over the last few days, and most of the spam filtering problems sorted out (in my experience - others may differ).

One remaining problem goes back to changes which PN made a few months ago when the problem with spam filters started. Every message now comes in with the usual header followed by a report of how the bayesian filter scored the body of the message - see after my signature for part of an example.

I read email with Eudora, and I can't find a way of hiding this report, so before reading every message I have to scroll over a screenful or so of the spam report.

Please:
1) Do any other users of Eudora know how to hide this information automatically. Is there a setting that does this

2) Is anyone at Plusnet able to reset the system to be as it was before, with spam filtering done, but without the gory details passed over to the user on every message?

David Hitchin

X-PN-VirusFiltered: by PlusNet MXCore (v2.00)
X-PN-DSpam-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v3.00)
X-DSPAM-Result: Innocent
X-DSPAM-Processed: Wed Jan 3 23:19:36 2007
X-DSPAM-Confidence: 0.9903
X-DSPAM-Improbability: 1 in 10214 chance of being spam
X-DSPAM-Probability: 0.0000
X-DSPAM-Factors: 27,
List-Subscribe*request, 0.00111,
List-Unsubscribe*unsubscribe, 0.00923,
Date*Wed+3, 0.00963,
etc
6 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Hi there,

AFAIK, we used to use spamassasin but now use dspam for our spam solution. This explains the change to the header information you are seeing.

A quick google search suggests that adding the X-DSPAM, X-PN-VirusFiltered and X-PN-DSpam-Filtered X headers to one of Eudora's .ini files might achieve what you're looking for.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

DavidHH
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion, but further googling and searching of Eudora's help has revealed only a number of other people with similar problems, but no solutions.
canford
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion, but further googling and searching of Eudora's help has revealed only a number of other people with similar problems, but no solutions.

I really do not understand what you are talking about here, since this is excellent information. It has resolved a long-atanding niggle I've had with Eurdora. Thanks to Bob Pullen for the suggestion, which works exactly as advertised!
James
Grafter

Did you try doing what Bob suggested?
DavidHH
Grafter

I have found 5 .ini files within the Eudora directory and subdirectories, and none of them seems to be the one to add these parameters to. There are inis for install, finger, ldap, ph and deudora (which contains mappings for in, out and both). What have I missed?
DavidHH
Grafter

For anyone else puzzled, I think that I have figured it out.

The Eudora.ini file is in the application data folder (not with the Eudora program files) and the explanation can be found by searching for "tabooheaders".