cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN new pricing structures - Why did never advise me by email

N/A

I curently pay £29.99 for 1 MB and have done since summer last year.

For some reason I just happened to be looking through the PN website and It happened to see that my package was cheaper and I could increase it to 2MB and only pay £21.99. I gave PN a call and was advised it was true, I could have been paying £21.99 for 2Mb and customers were emailed beginnning of April 05. He apologised I had not received the email and said he could do it then for me or I could do it on-line, said I would check out more boards and do it on line.

I now see that I cannot actually change the account until 9th June, my next payment date!! What is going on here? This means because I received no email re: proce changes in April I have paid £29.99 in May for 1Mb, when most other users have paid £21.99 for 2mb.

I was not told that I had to wait another 3 weeks before I could change (my next payment date). Any other company will usually upgrade you straight away and downgrade on a payment due date.

I have contact support and the reply back was to say that an email was sent! aaarrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! :x
I feel I have been conned here!!!!
Cry
84 REPLIES
painswck
Grafter

Check out this topic about the emails

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28096
Community Veteran

As I've just stated in that other topic - the email that PN keep banging on about was sent to the people on FUP packages. So anyone who moved during that very brief time or signed up during that period will have been informed.

Everyone else, including business customers are still waiting for information - it will soone be two months, meaning all £29.99 and £39.99 customers will have been "done" twice.
N/A

Re: PN new pricing structures - Why did never advise me by e

I just happened to be looking through the PN website and It happened to see that my package was cheaper and I could increase it to 2MB and only pay £21.99.

You were lucky. There could be over 50,000 customers paying more than they need to because they don't know about the new tariff -- and PlusNet seem determined to keep them in the dark.

Simon
Community Veteran

and still PN refuse to acknowledge this issue.... Any senior manager from PN care to pop on here and explain themselves?

Thought not.
Alecto
Grafter

There could be over 50,000 customers paying more than they need to

According to the figures Ian Wild gave before he left, 9.69% of customers were on 2Mb and 24.33% on 1Mb, with a user base of 100,000.

If you assume the worst case that they are all eligible for £21.99 Premier up to 2Mb, and if you ignore the handful who visit the forums and have downgraded already, this gives 9,690 people paying £18 a month too much, and 24,330 paying £8 too much.

That's a total per month of £369,060 being overpaid.

So even if you round that down to £300k, it's still a lot of money

Surely I can't have worked that out right, can I?.
Community Veteran

Yep - you are spot on.

24,330 x £8 = £194,640
9,690 x £18 = £174,420

Thats a total of £369,060

And lets not forget the fact that it will soon be two months.... Thats £738,120 No wonder they can afford to drop the £14.99 charges. Seems that recouping that £.5M they paid toBT will be quicker than they expected - Its actualy quite simple - just shaft the customer base.

Still no answer from PN I see as to why they are doing this to the existing customer base.
Alecto
Grafter

If they leave it 14 months, they'll have made the £5 million back and be in the black!
N/A

Surely I can't have worked that out right, can I?.

PlusNet have certainly worked it out. At a cost of over £3m per annum, they have decided that they can't afford to tell customers about the new tariff.

That's a good reason for never announcing the new tariff in the first place - but no excuse at all for the cake-and-eat-it skulduggery that is going on now.

Simon
greville
Grafter

and dont forget the overcharge to business customers as well:

15,000 at lets say £10 each = £150,000 per month
Community Veteran

Hello.... PN? Anyone care to justify these actions (or lack of)?

:tumbleweed......:
Alecto
Grafter

I thought you might have changed your signature tune from Benny Hill to the Fistful of Dollars theme............. Tongue
N/A

What can they say? Their position is blatantly indefensible. So they've invoked the Fifth Amendment.

I don't want to read any more of their pathetic/embarrassing attempts at self-justification anyway.

Send complaints to Trading Standards, Watchdog, Ofcom and anyone else you can think of.

Simon
N/A

If this lot are wrong, do point out the error PN. Otherwise we have to assume that the assumptions and the maths are correct.

Over to you.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep - you are spot on.

24,330 x £8 = £194,640
9,690 x £18 = £174,420

I'd love to know how you've come up with these figures.

How you you haven't taken into account how many of the 1 and 2Mbps customers are on Lite accounts? Or how many have downgraded already?